how much notice

Can anyone tell me how much time before delivery .You get your leter to say make your plans to go to duluth. I want ot know from those in the know.That have been thru the delivery process and did the times they gave you hold true.Thanks from Don #215

Can anyone tell me how much time before delivery .You get your leter to say make your plans to go to duluth. I want ot know from those in the know.That have been thru the delivery process and did the times they gave you hold true.Thanks from Don #215

Don,

My delivery was exactly on schedule - i.e. just as promised in “the letter”.

Mike.

Mike:

I appreciate your reply. By “the letter” I assume you are refering to a letter after the originally assigned delivery date. Questions: When, relative to the originally promised delivery date did you receive “the letter”? What was the variation between the originally promised delivery date and the date per “the letter”? What was the time from the receipt of “the letter” to the actual delivery?

Don,

My delivery was exactly on schedule - i.e. just as promised in “the letter”.

Mike.

I appreciate your reply. By “the letter” I assume you are refering to a letter after the originally assigned delivery date. Questions: When, relative to the originally promised delivery date did you receive “the letter”? What was the variation between the originally promised delivery date and the date per “the letter”? What was the time from the receipt of “the letter” to the actual delivery?

Stephen,

First, I need to define “promised dates”, because there were several.

I bought position number 156 from the original owner of that contract. He and Cirrus signed on the dotted line in February 1998, and at that time, the scheduled delivery date was January 29th, 1999.

I am sure that there were subsequent updates and revisions to that date, but I don’t know about them, because I bought the position in October, 2000. By then, the expected delivery date (as expressed by both the seller and CD) was “around May” of 2001.

That date was steadily revised - it seemed as though each time I checked with Alison, my Contract Administrator at Cirrus, she brought the date forward a little. Along the way, I had to commit to a configuration. By December, I was expecting a March, 2001 delivery.

In early January, 2001, I got “the letter”, which I believe was sent by Certified Mail. It contained an invoice and a firm delivery date of January 29th, 2001. That is the date on which the airplane was actually delivered to me.

I believe that the “compression of time” effect was a result of the number of SR20 position holders who were converting to SR22 positions at the time, resulting in the escalation of my airplane’s scheduled delivery.

• Mike.