Hinge Failure

On July 14 N5841 had a failure of the lower right door hinge in flight. They held on to the door, declared an emergency and landed at Waukegan which was nearby.

Was it just the hinge or the what? I am am very curious … more details?.Please post more if you have any.I can tell you Cirrus will be on top of this.Glad you made er’ back ok .rick

On July 14 N5841 had a failure of the lower right door hinge in flight. They held on to the door, declared an emergency and landed at Waukegan which was nearby.

The lower right door hinge is what gave way on mine too. I am curious do you know if they attempted to open and reseal the door in flight or did it just come loose on its own? Mine came loose when taxing in. We opened the door just prior to shut down and when it came loose.

I am trying to talk directly to the pilot to find all the details. I will post them when I get them. I found out about the incident when I called to schedule the plane. I thought it was important to post right away in view of Walt’s incident. The incident occurred on Friday. I had flown the plane the previous three days. So far my timing has been good. I missed the crankshaft failure and the broken door hinge.

Was it just the hinge or the what? I am am very curious … more details?.Please post more if you have any.I can tell you Cirrus will be on top of this.Glad you made er’ back ok .rick