Here Comes The Northern Sun

Paste the following link into your browser for an aeronautical Quicktime show:
http://homepage.mac.com/torbenkiese/iMovieTheater4.html

Very nice Torben! Keep posting stuff like this and I think you are going to spark a mass Cirrus migration across the North Atlantic.[:)]

Hey Torben,

You’re not only a terrific pilot, you’re an artist. Beautiful job!!!

Hope you’re well.

Jeff

Torben,

Breathtaking! Thanks for doing it, and thanks for sharing it.

• Mike.

Wow. Very cool.

absolutely wonderful. thank you

Torben

I took the time while surfing with my laptop over a mobile data network in a friend’d garden to watch this…

I was NOT disappointed!!!

I want a full size version!

Ian

Torben, fantastic. A great way to capture the beauty of flight. I’d like to do this myself. What applications did you use?

Dorian

In reply to:

Torben, fantastic. A great way to capture the beauty of flight. I’d like to do this myself. What applications did you use?
Dorian

Hi Dorian,

For the photos, I used a relatively inexpensive Sony digital camera. When that broke, I brought a Sony DV recorder on one trip. Aside from minimal alterations on some photos in Photoshop, like pasting my sister on a Greenlandic fjord, I used stock iMac software which was included with my iMac. The photos in the Here Comes The Northern Sun collage were selected from 10 trips over the pond. I think the key to digital photography is take many, then select few. In retrospect, I wish I used more megapixels, but that would’ve taken more money. With the iMac, you can turn these into full screen DVDs playable on computers or TVs. Once you go Mac, you don’t go back!

Regards,
Torben

It looks beautiful, but it’s tough to tell when it’s all stuffed into a postage stamp that’s just an inch and a half across.

Dialup is dead - spring for the resolution!

-Dane

Torben,

In reply to:

Once you go Mac, you don’t go back!

Amen! (As I wait expectantly for the late-June second generation Mac G5s and the rumored 30" LCD monitor and the 60GB iPod…)

Amen! Mac is IT!!