Have postings fallen off since SR20.org?

the setup looks nice but the practical implication to me is that I can’t see enough posts and message threads at a time to get any interest level…

IT is highly organized etc. but the amount of work necessary to get a good feel for what you want to see holds it back…in my opinion.

one simple fix would be to include more topics on each page on first screen…

there are posts from a day ago or two that require
clicking page 2, or 3, or 4 etc…

that’s my main complaint.

That was one of my dislikes until I went into the |Control Panel| and found that I could customize the settings. You can set it how many post you would like on screen at one time w/o have to punch the 1,2,3 buttons.

Hope this helps.

Walt N224AZ

Walt,

Thanks for suggesting that - I was just about to! In fact, I’d like to encourage everybody to check out the “Control Panel” in order to set their preferences for displaying messages.

Note that you DO have to be “registered” to adjust your control panel settings and have them apply every time you return to the forum. This does NOT mean you have to become a paying member of COPA, however. If you click the “Register” button here in the forums, you can register yourself for free. ('Course, you’ll need to become a COPA member to access the members-only sections of the site but that’s a different story).

Steve

Just so people don’t think I’m a plant related to you, supporting your software (yes we are both technoweenies…about my D-Link DI-704 router/gateway…would you recommend something better?) I have one complaint about the software interface. Previously you could edit the person’s comments and insert your own comments, line by line from the original. Have I missed an option?

Walt N224AZ

Previously you could edit the person’s comments and insert your own comments, line by line from the original. Have I missed an option?

Walt,

I don’t know of any option to allow you to do this. I’ve seen a few people appear to “quote” previous messages on this new system, but I assume they just copy/pasted the previous message into theirs, like I just did here.

If/when I have some time, I’ll try to add that option in. In the meantime, if anyone else has found a way to do this, please let me know!

Thanks,
Steve

about my D-Link DI-704 router/gateway…would you recommend something better?)

actually, yes - I have set up a Linksys router/hub/wireless access point at home and also for Lee Saage - both have worked nearly flawlessly (just don’t turn on logging unless you have somewhere to log to). That’s the BEFW11S4 - a bargain at about $199 at CompUSA, and it works fine with D-Link wireless PC cards and presumably others.

The other one I’ve used and recommend is the Netgear Cable/DSL router - not quite so easy to configure (semi-command line interface) but more flexible once you get the hang of it. I’ve had one working perfectly for 12 months at my office servicing a largish LAN on a 1.5Mb/s DSL link.