Got my tail number!

Just received a letter from the FAA. They’ve reserved a tail number for my SR20. I did not get my first choice, N20SR. I did get my second choice, N160KT.

Mike, How long ago did you make your request? (I’ve been waiting about six weeks.)

Just received a letter from the FAA. They’ve reserved a tail number for my SR20. I did not get my first choice, N20SR. I did get my second choice, N160KT.

One can search the database for n-number availability at: http://www1.drive.net/evird.acgi$pass*27007254!_h-www.landings.com/_landings/pages/search.html#n-number

I’ve reserved two different tail numbers this year using the AOPA service. In each case I had the answer from the FAA within 10 days. I know it costs a bit more going through AOPA, but all it took was a simple phone call and I don’t mind supporting the organization.

Mike, How long ago did you make your request? (I’ve been waiting about six weeks.)

Mike, How long ago did you make your request? >(I’ve been waiting about six weeks.)

Gary,

It only took about two weeks. I mailed them a letter and a check. You can call the Aircraft Registration Branch of the FAA in Oklahoma City at 405-954-4206. Hope you get it straightened out.

I’ve reserved two different tail numbers this year using the AOPA service. In each case I had the answer from the FAA within 10 days. I know it costs a bit more going through AOPA, but all it took was a simple phone call and I don’t mind supporting the organization.

How much was the service from AOPA?

How much was the service from AOPA?

I called them today and they said their price was $65. They said their average response time was 4-6 weeks.

Mike, How long ago did you make your request? >(I’ve been waiting about six weeks.)

Gary,

It only took about two weeks. I mailed them a letter and a check. You can call the Aircraft Registration Branch of the FAA in Oklahoma City at 405-954-4206. Hope you get it straightened out.

FWIW, the renewal process is painless–they send you a card in advance of the expiration date, and you send it back in with another ten bucks. I’m now on my third renewal! (But I did sign the papers allowing Cirrus to assign it to an airframe a couple of months ago, so there is hope…)