GNS530 simulator

I downloaded the GNS530 simulator as a .ZIP file and after decompression with winzip have enjoyed it a lot.

It’s fun to play with and actually pretty useful as a flight planning tool. So far as I can determine–sans manual–it doesn’t offer any significant enhancements in terms of NAV or FPL capability over the 430, just a bigger screen. The “default NAV” page is to die for, though.

I’m sort of cheap so I don’t think it would be worth the extra $4K or so over the 430, but I can certainly see how those with play $$ to spend would go for it.

Hi Kevin,

Not sure there’s real estate enough in the SR20 Avionics stack to replace (one of) the 430 by a 530. Besides, the ARNAV gives you the big picture anyway as it’s slaved off the #1 430. I flew the bird for 70+ hours in (simulated) IFR and the dual 430 were fine (wasn’t even paying too much attention to the ARNAV…)

Too many big screens may get confusing. Packing all the info onto one MFD is the solution…

cheers

Han K (N144CD)

I downloaded the GNS530 simulator as a .ZIP file and after decompression with winzip have enjoyed it a lot.

It’s fun to play with and actually pretty useful as a flight planning tool. So far as I can determine–sans manual–it doesn’t offer any significant enhancements in terms of NAV or FPL capability over the 430, just a bigger screen. The “default NAV” page is to die for, though.

I’m sort of cheap so I don’t think it would be worth the extra $4K or so over the 430, but I can certainly see how those with play $$ to spend would go for it.

The manual can also be downloaded. Look in the left column on the 430 page for user manual.

Could you provide the web sight address for the zip file. I would like to try out the sim.

Thanks!!

Bill,

Go to

http://www.garmin.com/products/gns530/

for the goodies. Beware the file IS big (13MB zip) and perhaps you’re better off getting the 430 simulator on CD (largely the same functionality)

Cheers

HK

----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 4:42 AM

Subject: Re:GNS530 simulator

Could you provide the web sight address for the zip file. I would like to try out the sim.

Thanks!!