GNS430 trainer/simulator on magazine cover

I discovered yesterday that the October 99 issue of the UK magazine “Flyer”, which has just hit the newsstands in Australia, has the Garmin GNS430 simulator software on a CD on the front cover (along with some other stuff).

It’s a cheap way to get the simulator. It also mentions that if the CD is missing, you can call Stewart Robinson on +44 1225 481440 and ask for a copy to be mailed. That might be an even cheaper way :wink:

I discovered yesterday that the October 99 issue of the UK magazine “Flyer”, which has just hit the newsstands in Australia, has the Garmin GNS430 simulator software on a CD on the front cover (along with some other stuff).

It’s a cheap way to get the simulator. It also mentions that if the CD is missing, you can call Stewart Robinson on +44 1225 481440 and ask for a copy to be mailed. That might be an even cheaper way :wink:

I dropped an email to Garmin and they said they’d drop one in the mail to me. Haven’t seen it yet, but I’m hopeful (and it’s cheaper than calling the UK!)

I dropped an email to Garmin and they said they’d drop one in the mail to me. Haven’t seen it yet, but I’m hopeful (and it’s cheaper than calling the UK!)

I asked the local Garmin dealer and they said they could get them in at a cost of AUS$25, which I thought was reasonable, but $7.50 for the magazine is better - I get to read the mag as well!

I asked the local Garmin dealer and they said they could get them in at a cost of AUS$25, which I thought was reasonable, but $7.50 for the magazine is better - I get to read the mag as well!

Got my freebie in the mail today. I just dropped email to support@garmin.com and they sent it for nothing. The sim is quite decent–I played with it a bit tonight and started to get the hang of it. Glad I’m not hurtling through the air figuring this stuff out!

…Glad I’m not hurtling through the air figuring this stuff out!

Having now spent nearly 160 to 170 hours with the Garmin 430 (and looking at the 250XL) let me underscore the point that learning the 430 takes some time. You really need to know what you want and how to best get it. The good news is you can get almost anything you want, but you simply have to know how to ask for it. Better to now and have it down pat before wanting to know and not knowing exactly how to get it in IFR conditions. Personally, I was reluctant to do much IFR especially in CA with mountains in the clouds until I was REALLY comfortable with the 430. It is so much different than the “conventional avionics” that it is worth using the simulator to “pre-fly” approaches prior to needing actual and the simulator is very good for that.

I guess I don’t have Dave’s charm. I

e-mailed Garmin and they responded saying

to send $41 for the CD. Oh well,

I’ll just settle for reading the manual

I downloaded.

I downloaded.

Hm, I told them that I was getting an SR20 with one and possibly two 430s. Maybe they thought

that was sufficient…

I downloaded.

Hm, I told them that I was getting an SR20 with one and possibly two 430s. Maybe they thought

that was sufficient…

Dave - I did the same thing you did and they sent me the CD. Try again and say please.