GNS 430 Manual

Can someone e-mail or mail me a copy of the 430 manual. It won’t download off the Garmin site to my computer.

Can someone e-mail or mail me a copy of the 430 manual. It won’t download off the Garmin site to my computer.

Bob, The manual is 197 pages and takes some time to read and print. It took me 3-4 times to download it seems like you get half way through and it hangs up…Better idea is the cd rom that you can get by calling garmins 800# and telling them you are trying to prepare for the delv. of your cirrus.They may tell you one will come with the plane but tell them you need the training before delv. because you are flying it back from dlh…Good luck, Ed P.S. no smear here.

Bob the 430 manual is a 23Meg PDF file. alot of e-mail servers choke on such a big file. I’d suggest borrowing someone’s sim. CD and getting it off of that. Good luck :slight_smile:

BTW, for the benefit of those of us who haven’t yet found it on the Garmin site (and who have a high-speed cable modem connection, so we can laugh rather than quake in the face of a 23MB download [g]), do you still have the URL for the 430 manual? Its whereabouts are not immediately obvious to me on the Garmin page. Thanks, Jim Fallows

BTW, for the benefit of those of us who haven’t yet found it on the Garmin site (and who have a high-speed cable modem connection, so we can laugh rather than quake in the face of a 23MB download [g]), do you still have the URL for the 430 manual? Its whereabouts are not immediately obvious to me on the Garmin page. Thanks, Jim Fallows

Jim

Go to the Garmin “aviation products” page. At the bottom of the page there is a black bar with white text; the second entry from the left (I think) says, “help & support.” Click on this and you will find among the list which comes up, “GARMIN installation and owners’ manuals.” Even non-IT guys like Bob and me can manage from there!

Good luck–Kevin

BTW, for the benefit of those of us who haven’t yet found it on the Garmin site (and who have a high-speed cable modem connection, so we can laugh rather than quake in the face of a 23MB download [g]), do you still have the URL for the 430 manual?

Here it is: http://www.garmin.com/manuals/gns430.pdfhttp://www.garmin.com/manuals/gns430.pdf. BTW, it’s not 23MB - it’s only 3.6MB. Quite managable.

I’ve also added this to the Links page.

Clyde

Thanks for this link, and for continuing upgrades to the site (notice that now it doesn’t require me to enter name and email each time but recognizes them). Soon you should be able to spin this off as an IPO and afford to buy the next ten years’ production of Cirruses. Jim Fallows