GA Shipments - Comparative Numbers

This may be dated but according to GAMA here are The following piston delliveries for the first quarter 2001:

Cessna 157 + 18 caravans

Piper 74 + 25 Meridians

Cirrus 32

Beech 28 (includes 9 Barons)

Maule 22 (includes any turbines - maybe 1)

Mooney 15

Am.
Champion 15

Commander 3

Bellanca 1

Lancair “N/A”

Total 326

Now if Cirrus has been delivering 4 per week in the second quarter, that is about 50. This would put Cirrus right on the heels of Piper. My guess is that in 2001, they will deliver more SE piston aircraft than Beech/Raytheon, Mooney, Comander, Belanca and Lancairs combined! Cessna has got to be looking in there rear view mirror. (Or is that at Cirrus’s dust?)

I think the market is speaking.

Think of all the Coke cans they could’ve made out of that aluminum instead - to be used as refreshments on those long comfortable journeys across the globe in cirri !

Who’s buying them spam cans anyway !?!?

-Krister

Think of all the Coke cans they could’ve made out of that aluminum instead - to be used as refreshments on those long comfortable journeys across the globe in cirri !

Who’s buying them spam cans anyway !?!?

Someone two tie-down spots away from me picked up one of the “3” Commander deliveries in Q1 that Marty mentioned (actually I think it was Q2 so maybe it wasn’t in those 3. Still, given those numbers I guess I was lucky to see a new Commander!) A brand new 115TC.

It was really nice, plush leather, even a small light near the step for passengers climbing up in the dark.

'Course it was over twice the cost of my -20…

Steve