Fuel Tanks

Does anybody have a good reason for the two additional wing collector fuel tanks?
Is there something new in the FARs which require these. I think that Part 25 requires something like this for turbine aircraft but I havn’t seen these on any other similar aircraft. Just wondering.

Does anybody have a good reason for the two additional wing collector fuel tanks?
Is there something new in the FARs which require these. I think that Part 25 requires something like this for turbine aircraft but I havn’t seen these on any other similar aircraft.

The Grumman Tiger has the same arrangement, so it’s not new. It provides for a sump with drain, and the collector tank will be less likely to be affected by a slip.

Is there something new in the FARs which require these. I think that Part 25 requires something like this for turbine aircraft but I havn’t seen these on any other similar aircraft.

The Grumman Tiger has the same arrangement, so it’s not new. It provides for a sump with drain, and the collector tank will be less likely to be affected by a slip.

The most senoir engineer at Cirrus owns/owned and did a lot of upgrading to a Grumman Tiger. This is why several systems on the SR-20 are similar to the old Tiger.

The most senior engineer at Cirrus owns/owned and did a lot of upgrading to a Grumman Tiger. This is why several systems on the SR-20 are similar to the old Tiger.

Aha, I had my suspicions that there was some Tiger influence there. The nosewheel not only casters, but even looks the same as the Tiger - much more attractive than the rather awkward looking nosewheel on the Lancair Columbia.