Fuel Stain

My local FBO parked a C-210 (a high-wing aircraft) next to my SR22 after topping off its tanks. Fuel dripped from the C-210 vent tube onto the wing of my SR22 and left a blue stain in the paint. I can’t seem to find anything that will remove it. If anyone has any ideas what might remove fuel stains please let me know. Thanks

Dan

My local FBO parked a C-210 (a high-wing aircraft) next to my SR22 after topping off its tanks. Fuel dripped from the C-210 vent tube onto the wing of my SR22 and left a blue stain in the paint. I can’t seem to find anything that will remove it. If anyone has any ideas what might remove fuel stains please let me know. Thanks

Dan

Bad news Dan, These 2 part pains,t take at least 90 days to cure. For a while, untill they harden, they will abosrb. I doubt anything can remove it if it sat there for a long time. Try a heavy compound, but that will remove a lot of the paint. They should order the paint from Cirrus and repaint the area for you at there expense. If it were mine, I would be standing on the FBO’s managers desk in the morning.

Good luck, Denis