415PJ fluid leak (warning)

Just a preliminary heads up. If you have a new 20/22, you may want to check under your center fuselage near the inner fuel tank drains for stains.

Paul

Just a preliminary heads up. If you have a new 20/22, you may want to check under your center fuselage near the inner fuel tank drains for stains.

Paul

Paul,

You’re talking about the inner-most of the two drains on each wing, right? I noticed stains around the inner of the two fuel drains on the pilot’s side wing (on my -20). looked like maybe it was leaking but I never saw any amount of fuel on the ramp, nor did it seem like I was actually missing any fuel. The last time I took it in to the Cirrus Service Center I asked them to look at it, and they said maybe it had leaked a little bit in the past but it was completely fine now, and not to worry about it.

Is this different than what you’ve learned?

Also, I have noticed some stains coming from the fuel overflow tubes coming straight down from the engine compartment, but I figured that this was just due to the excessive priming required for cold-weather starts; that some fuel flows overboard in these tubes, and then once the engine starts, it gets blown back on the bottom of the fuselage.

Could you clarify which fuel drains you’re talking about (the ones on the wing you drain to check the fuel, or the overflow drains coming out the bottom of the engine compartment), and what the significance of the staining is?

Thanks a lot,

Steve