Forum observation

I noted some interesting milestones a couple weeks ago, when the public forum hit 18,000 and the Members forum hit 13,000 on the same day. Now the counts are 18,168 and 14,110, respectively. That means that new Members forum posts are outstripping Public forum posts by a 7:1 margin!

Those of you seeking in-depth information about the purchase, care, and feeding of Cirrus aircraft will find a treasure trove of relevant information by joining COPA and gaining access to the Members forum.

I have been observing the accelerating rate of memberÂ’s forum posts. How about a pool or two for the date the members posts exceed the public forum posts and another for the number of posts when this occurs?

Gordon -

Agree with the observation that COPA membership is probably the highest return $50 I ever spent on aviation.

Anyone seriously interested in the SR20/22 and still viewing only the Public Forums is missing most of the great information which gets exchanged on this site.

I am a casual Cirrus watcher. I’m glad many of you still take time to post on the public side of the board. I figure that a Cirrus product may be in my future - just not for another 3 to 5 years or so. When that time comes closer, I’m sure I’ll become a COPA member. I’m currently a Cessna Pilots Association member as I fly a 182 RG and a Piper Lance most often as part of a flying club. I really want to know exactly what I want, and more importantly what I need, before buying my own plane down the road.

Again, thank you everyone for all the great information!

Rich Fink
Flywell Flying Club
Anoka, MN

Gordon:

Just an idea: Would it be possible to combine the listing of posts with an icon showing which are members-only? This would allow one to browse all posts in one place and may raise more interest in the people not having member access.

Alan

In reply to:

Again, thank you everyone for all the great information!

Rich: It is for you and people like you that we keep the Public Forum and other public parts of the web site running and open to all. We know that, at any point in time, there are dozens of folks who are considering buying a Cirrus, have access to a Cirrus, or are interested in joining COPA, and the public parts of the site allow you folks an opportunity to test drive COPA and ask questions of our members.

The Members Only sections contain a lot more valuable information and as noted above a more active Forum where members share a wide variety of info of use to Cirrus owners and other pilots as well. We’d love you to join. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at membership@cirruspilots.org.

Marty Kent,
Pres.

In reply to:

Just an idea: Would it be possible to combine the listing of posts with an icon showing which are members-only?

Combining the Forums isn’t practical in the Forum manager we are using. It is a nice thought to have non-members at least be able to see what threads are on the Members forum, without the ability to read them. We’ll consider it and see if there is a practical way to do that.

Thanks for the suggestion.