Flight Training

Does anyone have experience with American Flyers? They offer a “finish-up” program in which I can supposedly complete my license in 3-4 days. I need (want)to do this before taking physical delivery of my new SR20 that Cirrus has been kind enough to hold for me in “cold storage”

Any other recommendations on flight schools in parts of the country with good weather?

Does anyone have experience with American Flyers? They offer a “finish-up” program in which I can supposedly complete my license in 3-4 days. I need (want)to do this before taking physical delivery of my new SR20 that Cirrus has been kind enough to hold for me in “cold storage”

Any other recommendations on flight schools in parts of the country with good weather?

PIC will come where you are located, however I understand they are usually booked ahead of time. Either the AOPA mag. or Flying had several articles within the last year about IFR training schools. As I recall one was based in both Phoenix and Tuscon and the other in one of the flat states (not intended to be derogatory) in the middle of the country, Kansas, Nebraska etc.

My wife and I are both graduates of Double Eagle Aviation in Tucson and Sierra Vista. Both of us went through the Tucson division and would recommend it. I did Instrument training and finished in 9 days. Others in my “class” took 10 or 11 days. The basis course is 8 days plus one for testing. The following year, my wife did her VFR training there and earned her private ticket. aa

American does a great job with professional CFIÂ’s. I am finishing my instrument now with them and am satisfied.

I did my private at American Flyers at PWK near Chicago and they do a fine job. You could also consider finishing up at Windy City Flyers at PWK and actually do it in a SR20. It might be more valuable than in a 172 etc. We actually fly here in the winter. The SR20 is in a heated hanger. You can preflight in the hanger, get in and close the door and have them tow you out. You would think you were in Arizona. If you want more info e-mail me.

I received IFR training with a Gold Seal instructor who lives on the east coast of Florida in the winter. He works on his own, as well as with PIC. You need your own plane, though. He stayed in a motel near my home in Tampa during traiining. However, you could just as well set-up near Jensen Beach, FL in a motel. The accelerated finish-up program worked well with me. Let me know if you want more info.

PIC will come where you are located, however I understand they are usually booked ahead of time. Either the AOPA mag. or Flying had several articles within the last year about IFR training schools. As I recall one was based in both Phoenix and Tuscon and the other in one of the flat states (not intended to be derogatory) in the middle of the country, Kansas, Nebraska etc.

I took my IFR with PIC in 1992. I can highly recommend them. The instrutor worked with me very well. Set up the simulator in my office, I put my guys to work, then worked with the simulator. In the afternoon did the real thing and flew the procedures I practiced on the simulator. If I had any questions, we could just put the simulator on “hold”, or backed up a little. It was great experience!

I am a instrument grad an dave is a privte grad. We both had great luck with there program. If you are not progressing the instructors take some pretty good heat from the head cheese. They will not let instructors build time on your dime. Good luck,Ed

American does a great job with professional CFIÂ’s. I am finishing my instrument now with them and am satisfied.

Check Field Moreys West Coast Adventure @