Flap malfunction

On short final into Lake Elmo MN on Sept 6, I noticed a higher than normal sink rate with 100% flaps at 80 knots in my SR20 (#1125, 90 HRS). On investigation it was apparent that the actuator was disconnected from the flap bellcrank.

Flew the airplane to Anoka, where there is a Cirrus service center and they determined that the tie rod end connecting the actuator to the bellcrank was severly bent and had broken.

A new part was installed under warranty and I was on my way. Diagnosis was that the flap displacement was close to overcenter on the bellcrank at 100% flap setting.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

On investigation it was apparent that the actuator was disconnected from the flap bellcrank.

Did you file a report with the NTSB?

On short final into Lake Elmo MN on Sept 6, I noticed a higher than normal sink rate with 100% flaps at 80 knots in my SR20 (#1125, 90 HRS). On investigation it was apparent that the actuator was disconnected from the flap bellcrank.

Flew the airplane to Anoka, where there is a Cirrus service center and they determined that the tie rod end connecting the actuator to the bellcrank was severly bent and had broken.

A new part was installed under warranty and I was on my way. Diagnosis was that the flap displacement was close to overcenter on the bellcrank at 100% flap setting.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Neil,

I have been away for a few days and have not read the forum while away.

The exact same thing happened to me two to three weeks ago.

Mark Jeffries

On investigation it was apparent that the actuator was disconnected from the flap bellcrank.

Did you file a report with the NTSB?

Negative. It did not appear to be a flight saftey issue.

Negative. It did not appear to be a flight saftey issue.

The way I read the rules that is not a consideration. You are required to report any inflight failure of a flight control, which certainly includes flaps.