FBO at KYUM

I’ll be flying into KYUM (Yuma, AZ) this weekend. Any recommendations on which of the three FBOs to use?

Thanks,

Lee Saage

In reply to:

I’ll be flying into KYUM (Yuma, AZ) this weekend. Any recommendations on which of the three FBOs to use?
Thanks,
Lee Saage

Have always had great luck with Sun Western Flyers. They have the lowest fuel prices and are closest to the main terminal. Just east of RW 17 approach end.

Actually have never used the others, so they may be good - just cannot comment. I fly in there about once per month doing some Flights for Life work and that is the chosen drop off point.

You get pretty good service there. Joint use with the Marines who fly Harriers and F18’s out of there. Can get windy and hot down there… Good luck.

Used Sun Western about a month ago just for fuel and to meet a notary. Friendly service, called them up on unicom to get a cab and fuel up when I get to the ramp.

I was YUM a month ago and used Diamond Air Jet Center. They were the only FBO with hanger space open given the short notice of my trip. I was very satisfied with their service. I have used Bet-Ko Air in the past and they were OK, just a little expensive with the fuel.

Roger:

Thanks for the information. I’ll give them a try.

Lee

I am interested in conducted simulated ground testing for supplemental aircraft certification. Can you provide me with typical ground op scenarios including taxi distance, number of turns, taxi speed, number of full stops , number of taxi snubs, from what speeds and typical flight time, adjusted patterns, engine RPM, estimated times from point to point, any limitations etc. Information for long and short taxi length airports at various locations would be very helpful.

Rogue327@comcast.net