European Cirrus Migration causes Dutch meltdown!

I’ve just seen this cool NOTAM for EHGG at the weekend:

A0430/03 - MASS MOV OF ACFT WILL TAKE PLACE DUE TO SR20 MEETING. ALL OTHER ACFT OTHER THEN SR20/22 PPR BY AIRPORT AUTHORITIES. 31 MAY 05:30 UNTIL 31 MAY 20:00

Not sure if this is a first or not, Eelde/Groningen is a major regional airport in Holland (with occasional Big jets passengers etc!). They obviously have the right attitude to GA flying.

Basically “If you are flying anything other than a Cirrus, you may not be welcome this weekend!” I hope we don’t upset the local pilots!

Most of the euro fleet will be there, I hope they move a few Jets over to make room!

Ian

Wow, that’s great! Myron, you should work on the FAA to see if we can get a similar NOTAM for the Minnesota event. [;)]

Steve

In Reply To:
Myron, you should work on the FAA to see if we can get a similar NOTAM for the Minnesota event.
With the FAA we all know and love, the results would be something like:
FDC 3/1000 FDC SPECIAL NOTICE.
THIS NOTICE MODIFIES FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS PREVIOUSLY ISSUED. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 99.7, SPECIAL SECURITY INSTRUCTIONS, COMMENCING 24 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED TIME OF THE EVENT UNTIL 24 HOURS AFTER THE END OF THE EVENT, ALL CIRRUS SR20 AND CIRRUS SR22 TYPE AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS ARE PROHIBITED AT AND BELOW 3,000 FEET AGL WITHIN A THREE NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF DULUTH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (KDLH) FOR THE PURPOSE OF ARRIVALS TO AND DEPARTURES FROM THE FIRST ANNUAL CIRRUS MIGRATION. ALL PREVIOUSLY ISSUED WAIVERS TO FDC NOTAMS FOR THIS EVENT ARE RESCINDED.
NOTE: In the event someone pulls an Orsen Wells (sp?) and thinks it might be true, the above notam is a FICTION! [:D]

Believe it or not: The ramp is FULLLLL of Cirrus airplanes right now - more than 60 in a row - rest of airport closed due to overwhelming and tears in the eyes!!!

Wait for piccies to appear soon.

Timm Preusser N747TG

Hi Timm,

it was good meeting you in Groningen, The Netherlands

There where a lot of Cirri, I don´t have the last count

Hereby the first pictures

Regards

Jaap Zondag
N264CD

WOW! That picture is AMAZING!

Congratulations on such a successful event!

Steve

In reply to:

There where a lot of Cirri, I don´t have the last count

Hi Jaap,
It was very good to meet you - but it was too brief. I lost track of you in the crowd - 250 people! I would like to have chatted more.
I believe the final count of airplanes was 62 – tough to keep track of, and with everyone taking advantage of the stunning weather to go flying, there was never a time when all the airplanes were on the ground at once.
General Enterprises had an aerial photo taken professionally:
This was a truly outstanding event - everything was perfect… the weather, our hosts, the food, the party, the company, the ambiance, the fellowship, the music, the dancing… you name it. Everything was organized meticulously down to the last imaginable detail. The benchmark for events like this has been established!

Congratulations and THANK YOU to Bill and Gea Middendorp, and Steven and Alexandra Middendorp, and ALL the dedicated people at General Enterprises who worked so hard to make this event so outstanding. And thanks to the Brothers Klapmeier, and all at Cirrus Design, who provide the reason for us all to enjoy life this way! I know I speak for many when I say that we’re very grateful.

Photo: Middendorps Steven, Alexandra, Bill and Gea with N100EU, the 100th Cirrus to be delivered in Europe.

• Mike.

Please Note – We were unable to migrate some of the attachments that were originally apart of this post. To view this post in its original format, please click the link below:

Original Post: View Post

Thank you,
The COPA Team
6-49850-_StevenAlexandraGeaandBillMiddendorpwithN100EU.jpg

In reply to:

This was a truly outstanding event - everything was perfect… the weather, our hosts, the food, the party, the company, the ambiance, the fellowship, the music, the dancing… you name it.

Perfect if you are not trying to “capture” a thunderstorm scenario for the European CPPP, of course. But I thought I would allow you guys to have some good weather despite my quest.

Actually, I was able to get a real good scenario captured yesterday. Looking forward to the next big European event in September!!!