Cirrus Aircraft

How about some chatter about Cirrus Aircraft…

I agree. This is becoming a political forum. How about some discussion on whether Wings Aloft will be able to keep up the training schedule with limited access to the sky.

Chris

I agree. This is becoming a political forum. How about some discussion on whether Wings Aloft will be able to keep up the training schedule with limited access to the sky.

Chris

N747SJ, SR22 s/n 0091 is ready to go apart from the final test flight and weighing. There is ~1/2 day of work left to do and that’s where its been for a week now. As of end of business on Friday, CD is still not allowed to conduct local flights for production. I am scheduled to travel to Duluth tomorrow (Monday) for delivery on Tuesday and training during the back half of the week.

Perhaps CD can work out some way to conduct the final flights IFR. I’ve never done pattern work IFR before, I wonder if it’s possible? Hopefully this will come off!

George Savage

As many of you know, this forum is home to some of the most influential and powerful GA advocates in the United States. While serving as a caldron of new and old GA concepts (including political), this website benefits Cirrus owners and position holders by buiding a community of dedicated and thoughtful CD supporters. Even at the risk of inviting some bizzare and extreme comments, I’d advocate the same open policy that has made this site so valuable to CD and GA enthusiasts. There are enough cotton candy websites and magazines devoted to GA, why encourage the creation of another?

I noticed that there was an SR20 flying in the environs of Duluth yesterday that had filed IFR DLH to DLH. One way of getting around the problem. (Flight Explorer is your friend.)

I read IFR is only allowed airport to airport. Also called my FBO and confirmed no training IFR or even pattern work!

Don

Chris

N747SJ, SR22 s/n 0091 is ready to go apart from the final test flight and weighing. There is ~1/2 day of work left to do and that’s where its been for a week now. As of end of business on Friday, CD is still not allowed to conduct local flights for production. I am scheduled to travel to Duluth tomorrow (Monday) for delivery on Tuesday and training during the back half of the week.

Perhaps CD can work out some way to conduct the final flights IFR. I’ve never done pattern work IFR before, I wonder if it’s possible? Hopefully this will come off!

George Savage

It is perfectly legal to fly from DLH to DLH with any amount of time enroute. You can do many things during your IFR flight, you can ask and be authorized to have a block of altitude to conduct airwork. All this is not normally done in an IFR flight plan but it can be requested once airborne and if approved you can do it, if not you just have to shoot all the approaches you want and just keep going around on the miss, depending on the tower you may get a taxi back but you be better off staying in the air and taking care of what you need. The aircrafts that need to go up for the first flight will not be authorized beacuse they are not real airplanes yet until the maden flight. Let’s be tolerent of a little more delay. For you guys that have never flown in any other countries, you can not image how good we have it and we still complain. Take care be safe and obey the rules, God Bless America

Woor

I read IFR is only allowed airport to airport. Also called my FBO and confirmed no training IFR or even pattern work!

Don

Chris

George Savage

I do not believe those facts are true at all. There are those people at FBOs out there that are reading into the notams which say nothing at all about training flights or anything related. All the FAA cares about now is that you are under radar contact most of the time and that you are on a flight plan the whole time you are in the air. Go ahead and fly(IFR of course). I flew this weekend and did a practice approach before a full stop and no hassle from anyone. As a matter of fact, we even filed ‘multiple approaches’ in the remarks section of the flight plan. Fly high!

Jim

Don

Chris

George Savage

Agree. Most of what has come up here, in these last few days, has been about AVIATION RELATED consequences of the biggest international news in many decades.

As many of you know, this forum is home to some of the most influential and powerful GA advocates in the United States. While serving as a caldron of new and old GA concepts (including political), this website benefits Cirrus owners and position holders by buiding a community of dedicated and thoughtful CD supporters. Even at the risk of inviting some bizzare and extreme comments, I’d advocate the same open policy that has made this site so valuable to CD and GA enthusiasts. There are enough cotton candy websites and magazines devoted to GA, why encourage the creation of another?

Adjustment one: this is not THE biggest international news in MANY decades – fall of Soviet Union, for example, would still trump it in importance. But it is the biggest US news in at least 25 years and has implications for the western world in general. Therefore not surprising if the mainly-US members of the forum dwell upon it.

Adjustment two: this was an AIRLINE-BORNE disaster, and therefore natural and proper that it would generate more aviation-related discussion than, say, the bombing of the USS Cole.

Agree. Most of what has come up here, in these last few days, has been about AVIATION RELATED consequences of the biggest international news in many decades.