Eclipse Aerospace Factory Tour via M12 - October 7 and 8

Tour the Eclipse Factory

If you are flying to M12 from anywhere which will take you via Albuquerque, NM take advantage of a unique opportunity offered by Eclipse Aerospace - “Tour the Eclipse Factory.”

Eclipse Aerospace manufactures the Eclipse 550 using some of the most advanced manufacturing techniques and the aircraft delivers true performance – 375 KTAS Cruise, 1125 NM range, 41,000 Service Ceiling all while sipping fuel at a rate of 48-59 GPH.

Eclipse 1.jpg

Eclipse Factory 2.jpg

We have two days Eclipse has generously offered to host COPA Migrants - Tuesday October 7th and Wednesday October 8th. The tour will start at the Eclipse Headquarters at 3pm each day.

Here is how it works

• Register yourself and other attendees in your party here
  • Eclipse is a secure facility – so full names and telephone numbers are required for each attendee
  • Contact Cutter Aviation (our host FBO for this event) to reserve ramp space. www.cutteraviation.com or call 505-842-4184. Cutter is right next to Eclipse Aerospace – walking distance - and Cutter has agreed to give COPA members a $1.00/gal discount off their posted rate! Cutter requires a reservation by calling ahead or hitting the website and letting them know when they will arrive, your N# and that be sure to tell Cutter you are with COPA in order to get the discount.
  • Hotel - The tour will take between 1.5 -2 hours to complete. If you would like to remain overnight Eclipse has arranged a hotel for COPA Migrants as well at the MCM Elegante Albuquerque located at 2020 Menaul NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107. Phone 505-884-2511 or preferably go to their website COPA MCM Hotel ABQ for the Eclipse/COPA Rate- $89/night plus tax which includes 2 drinks on the night of arrival and a full breakfast buffet including cooked to order eggs and omelets. They will also provide shuttle service to and from the hotel for Cutter and Eclipse Aerospace. Don’t delay. The Hotel will hold 10 rooms for us on October 7th and 10 rooms on the 8th. Block closes September 26. After that it is first come/first serve on an “as available basis.”
  • That’s it!
  • Want to do more in ABQ? Take in the Balloon Fiesta which is going on during the week of October 6th. You can check out their website at www.balloonfiesta.com for more information. Just don’t forget to make it to Migration!
    Need more information? Contact Jim Anderson at Jim.Anderson@starrcompanies.com – Your COPA Southwest Regional Governor or Iggy Burkhardt Regional Sales Executive, South Central U.S. at Eclipse Aerospace, Inc. iggy@eclipse.aero

Jim and Eclipse,

Thank you for this great invitation. As I will be flying with Mike Radomsky for a few days before M12, we have included the Eclipse factory tour in our plans. Confirmation will follow in an email.

We are looking forward to that visit with excitement!

Patrick [<:o)]

Lucky you on both counts!

Thanks Jim and Eclipse for setting up this great PRE-Migration event. Look forward to stopping there on our way to Las Vegas.

For all those that will be there on Tuesday. Let do dinner.

Hey, everyone. It looks like I will be there in Albuquerque for this event. For those of you looking at upgrading to an Eclipse, I will be glad to answer any questions about the transition and my experience as an owner. Even if it’s a distant “maybe, someday” or just for curiosity’s sake, this will be a great opportunity to learn about this fantastic airplane and the company behind it.

I did the tour in July and it was great.

The friction stir welding demo alone is worth the trip.

Pretty cool

Taking your own plane to M12 from ABQ?

Don

Likely, but not 100% sure yet. I will of course keep you posted!

Just a reminder about the Eclipse factory tours being offered in Albuquerque, a perfect stop on the way to Migration 12! Tours offered Tuesday October 7th and Wednesday October 8th. Register here. See you there!

Thanks Jim for arranging this. I am now signed up for the Wednesday tour. I was already going to be in town for the Balloon Fiesta and am excited to also get in on the factory tour. Looking forward to seeing others there.

Well what a coincidence, looks like I will be there too! Have signed up for the Wednesday tour, and will be happy to add owner color as well.

Wow, This is looking like a great time. We now have 10 for Tuesday and 2 for Wednesday.

Any ideas for a dinner on Tuesday night? Great warm up for M12.

There is a great restaurant at the Andaluz Hotel downtown called Lucia, 125 Second Street NW Albuquerque, NM 87102. For a much more casual but very authentic southwestern fare there is Padilla’s Mexican Kitchen, 1510 Girard Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM 87106.

I would like to vote for Padilla’s - on Tuesday night.

-J-

If I can get a few more ducks lined up Holly & I will be in for Padilla’s & the Tues tour (& Migration)!

See yah !

This is shaping up to be a fun event! Pretty sure that PapaLima and I will be there for dinner. Shall we set a time and get a dinner head count?

absolutely !

Randy & Holly = 2

Gordon,

Karl Fischbach and I are planning on leaving from KDLH Tuesday morning. Given the so-called “North Route” through Rawlins, WY is way shorter, we may go that way if the winds aloft are under 20 knots. We really won’t know which route we will take until Monday night. So, I guess we’ll be part of the “we’ll get there, if we get there” crowd. Neither of us want to commit to a hotel room, either, until we know. Does anyone know if we can simply add “request COPA rooms” on the fax to the FBO, or is that a totally separate set up?

Another question: I thought Eclipse was at KAEG? I obviously haven’t been paying enough attention. [:^)]

Be safe and have fun,