Delivery Date for #235

June 15, 2001 is the day!

We are going to rent a place on the lakeshore, but we need to book it soon for a specific date. Would it be foolish to count on this date (read: put money down on the house)? Would it be wiser to count on July 1? How close is Cirrus in meeting their delivery dates?

Watch out for that weekend. It’s Duluth’s annual Grandma’s Marathon, which attracts 8000 or so marathoners and 4000 half-marathoners. Accomodations can be hard to find! (See http://www.grandmasmarathon.com.)

We are going to rent a place on the lakeshore, but we need to book it soon for a specific date. Would it be foolish to count on this date (read: put money down on the house)? Would it be wiser to count on July 1? How close is Cirrus in meeting their delivery dates?

July 1 would be a great day. Remember you can delay the pick-up 10 days, and you can take couple days for training…

If Cirrus is early with the bird, this will give you a good excuse to get home the long way via Maine/Florida then west… Remember you don’t pick up a new airplane every day so you minus as well make something big out of it. Bahamas, I am sure the better half will not complain…

Have a great Cirrus day

Woor

Based on our experience, I think you will find that June 15 was given to a block of about 20 aircraft and should be considered a preliminary date (ours was Feb. 15). About 6 weeks before the delivery, we received a final and hopefully accurate delivery date (ours is Mar. 1). I suggest you call Alison in Contract Administration at Cirrus and ask her to give you a more accurate estimate. But beware it will only be an estimate. Good luck.

I am no 215 and was told the same date May 15 also 1 month later than I was told im not pleased but out of my control from Don

I am no 215 and was told the same date May 15 also 1 month later than I was told im not pleased but out of my control from Don

Your date seems in line with posts below. For example, Gerry Mengo’s date for #179 has been revised to March 9. At apx. 20 aircraft per month, your date of May 15 (about two months later, or 40 planes later) for #215 appears to be realistic. Also, my date of June 15 for #235 seems about right. I tend to think that the projections for Gerry’s plane is the most accurate since it’s closer in time. Of course, anything can happen in trying to produce a complex product.