Critical Decision Making Class

My wife and I are new the COPA. We attended the Manassas Critical Decision Making event and found it to be extremely well done.

Mason and Mike did a great job facilitating a very full session. The “hanger talk” at the breaks added a richness to the discussion; nothing like the real thing to make one stand up and pay attention.

The re-enactment of a real event was both educational and a little chilling. Won’t give the answer because I encourage all to attend.

The KHEF folks were very hospitable and the weather even cooperated. Can’t quite say the same for ATC clearances going North!

Marcia and I hope to attend future COPA events with such a great group of folks.

In reply to:

My wife and I are new to COPA. We attended the Manassas Critical Decision Making event and found it to be extremely well done.

Mason and Mike did a great job facilitating a very full session. The “hanger talk” at the breaks added a richness to the discussion; nothing like the real thing to make one stand up and pay attention.

The re-enactment of a real event was both educational and a little chilling. Won’t give the answer because I encourage all to attend.

The KHEF folks were very hospitable and the weather even cooperated. Can’t quite say the same for ATC clearances going North!

Marcia and I hope to attend future COPA events with such a great group of folks.

Chuck,
Thanks for the kind words. Thanks go to Ira Hamburg, too, for volunteering and arranging the logistics with the folks at Dullas Aviation, and for organizing lunch. We need more folks like Ira – a great way to decide if you’d like to host one of these is to attend one!

This series of seminars is just starting, but it’s clear that it’s beneficial to all who attend. We were privileged to have Bob Wright of the FAA with us in Manassas. Bob said a few words, in which he made it clear that we have the support and encouragement of the FAA; he’ll be promoting our CDM event to Insurance companies, so hopefully we’ll achieve even greater recognition in the future.

Here’s a photo showing Mason Holland introducing the course to the 20 or so attendees (nice turnout!).

For those who have a broadband connection - you can view a short movie clip of the re-enactment that you mentioned, here. It’s about 4 MB of data.

**Cast:**

Pilot of N2737T:  John Crawford
Timekeeper:       Neil Wilson
Denver Center:    Michael Bush
Farmington Tower: Louis Simons

Thanks to all who attended, and special thanks to our ‘cast’!

• Mike.

Just for fun - one more photo. My other post on this has a link to a movie clip of this part of the seminar.

Left to Right:

John Crawford (pilot), Neil Wilson (behind the clock),
Michael Bush (Denver Center), Louis Simons (Farmington Tower)
  • Mike.

Mike,

Great looking COPA clock in that shot! [;)]