COPA Critical Decision Making Seminars on West Coast in June

Arrangements are coming along thanks to several volunteers in various cities along the west coast. Here is the line up so far:

Sat, June 5: KSBA, Santa Barbara, CA at the airport visitors center

Sat, June 12: San Diego, CA – airport location to be determined, either KMYF or KSEE

Sat, June 19: KBFI, Seattle, WA, at the Wings Aloft training room

Sat, June 26: O41, Watts-Woodland airport, Woodland, CA, at Woodland Aviation

All begin at 10 am and continue until 3 pm. Registration links on the COPA calendar will appear soooooon.

Recall that COPA wants each member to attend one of these seminars each year. Please sign up and/or encourage others to attend. Drive or fly but please come!

Cheers
Rick

For those attending the Critical Decision Making seminar on June 5 at Santa Barbara, the event will be held at the KSBA Airport Visitor Center (10am).

If you’re flying in, the most convenient parking is at Signature on the northeast side of the field. From there, you can walk to the Visitor Center by exiting Signature, swinging a left at the Elephant-Bar parking lot, continuing down Firestone road a block or so, and then turning left on Hartley Place. The Visitor Center is on the left as you proceed south on Hartley Pl. (I’ve attached a map that gives the basic idea). It is about a 5 minute walk.

Glenn Beltz
1-91646-cdm_map.gif

BY next year this time we should have 5 or 6 owners in Hawaii. Maybe we can hold one here!

In reply to:

Arrangements are coming along thanks to several volunteers in various cities along the west coast. Here is the line up so far:
Sat, June 5: KSBA, Santa Barbara, CA at the airport visitors center
Sat, June 12: San Diego, CA – airport location to be determined, either KMYF or KSEE

Sat, June 19: KBFI, Seattle, WA, at the Wings Aloft training room

Sat, June 26: O41, Watts-Woodland airport, Woodland, CA, at Woodland Aviation

Rick,

Is the June 12 seminar on? I haven’t seen anything further on it.

Folks, we have a modest number of attendees at this event. Given the short driving and flying distance for so many COPA members in Southern California, let me encourage more of you to consider attending.

Register by following the CDM link for Santa Barbara on the COPA main home page, then click on the register to attend.

It looks like the San Diego timing will not work out, so that one will be deferred until August or September. Seattle, Washington, is scheduled for June 19 and Northern California for June 26.

Remember that COPA intends to offer a safety seminar to every COPA member every year! It’s your opportunity to apply the insights from other COPA members to improve your own decision making and flying safety.

Cheers
Rick

In reply to:

BY next year this time we should have 5 or 6 owners in Hawaii. Maybe we can hold one here!

Hi Laurence,

I had a feeling I you would be on this site. Look forward to seeing you in July. Tom Susan

Glad you are on too!

Rick, It pains me not to be flying into SBA this weekend. My daughter’s graduation party is at my house and I will be in big trouble if I don’t attend.

Scott

June 12 didn’t work out, so no San Diego date. Will reschedule for August/September.

Cheers
Rick