Correction: SR22 POH Not Available and First SR22 Delivery

Dear Cirrians (sounds like “Syrians”),

I got a POH from Cirrus today, FedEx, but it was for the SR20. I called to ask about it and they said that the SR22 POH wasn’t ready yet, but that they’d send me one as soon as it was.

So either they sent me the wrong one and it is available (person today was confused) or they don’t have it yet (person I ordered the SR22 POH from was confused). When I ordred the SR22 POH the guy knew I meant the SR22 POH because he said “they just became available today”. Either way, Cirrus screwed up a small, but simple thing.

I wanted to mention it here in case others (1) had gotten the SR22 POH, or (2) they were thinking of ordering one.

In any case, they must have had something in the way of a manual for Paul Traina. Good news email from Ian Bentley at Cirrus:

Dear Cirrus Customer:

This is to let you know that we are hoping to get

a “Customer Update” out to you in a couple of days time. We should by then have a good picture of the production plans and one or two other issues that are now taking shape (like gross weight increase).

Many of you e-mailed me about the impact on your delivery of our restructuring the manufacturing process. I apologize for the ones I haven’t

yet replied to - I’ll get there in the next day or so.

In the interim you should know that we have just delivered the first SR22 and I have attached a copy of the information we sent to the press. There will be a picture of Paul Traina taking delivery on www.cirrusdesign.com

in the next few hours. I suspect Paul may post some elsewhere as well.

Regards to you all - Ian Bentley.

I

In any case, they must have had something in the way of a manual for Paul Traina. Good news email from Ian Bentley at Cirrus:

The official press release says, “A smiling Traina commented dryly, ‘Meets expectations.’”

I can only imagine that this is the edited version of Paul’s true words, which were almost certainly,“Doesn’t suck!”

My spies in Duluth said that there was light snow and 2000 broken for the acceptance flight (much nicer than mine!) and that the IO-550 sounded “awesome.”

The obligatory photo is up on the web page. The best part–they’re both wearing traditional Cirrus Acceptance Sandals. It’s worth noting that this plane was accepted indoors, as the OAT was -4C.

The official press release says, “A smiling Traina commented dryly, ‘Meets expectations.’”

I can only imagine that this is the edited version of Paul’s true words, which were almost certainly,“Doesn’t suck!”

I am rolling on the floor laughing.

“This doesn’t totally suck.” was my exact quote.

It is simply an outstanding aircraft.

I think Paul deserves a congratulations for breaking the log jam on the SR22 deliveries. And we all know that he’ll get a lot of tips from Walt on what to write in his first pilot report here.

I think the first product for the Cirrus owners association to sell should be the traditional acceptance sandels (maybe with an added Cirrus logo).

Congrats again Paul – and have a safe flight home.

Bernie

The obligatory photo is up on the web page. The best part–they’re both wearing traditional Cirrus Acceptance Sandals. It’s worth noting that this plane was accepted indoors, as the OAT was -4C.

I think Paul deserves a congratulations for breaking the log jam on the SR22 deliveries. And we all know that he’ll get a lot of tips from Walt on what to write in his first pilot report here.

I think the first product for the Cirrus owners association to sell should be the traditional acceptance sandels (maybe with an added Cirrus logo).

Aha–sandles and Sandels. It all makes sense now.

Aha–sandles and Sandels. It all makes sense now.

Hey Guys,

I’m sitting a a drab hotel room in Eastern Europe while you’re having all these fun! It’s simply not fair!

Please keep me a little bit afloat with some info. Dave Katz, how can you know Pail so well, as to make him roll on the floor when you “quoted” him? From the N number I surmised that he is also from the SF arean, just like Wlat. I have exchanged a few letters with Walt, he is a very nice gentleman and I hope to meet him soon! My area code is 818, from southern California, how will I ever be able to join the “club” of 415???

Anyway, congrats to CD on the first of many SR22 deliveries to come, keep having more fun and drop me a line when you swing by Van Nuys.

Best regards

Michael

Please keep me a little bit afloat with some info. Dave Katz, how can you know Pail so well, as to make him roll on the floor when you “quoted” him?

We were cell mates for four years at our previous employer, and he was my pointy-haired boss for awhile at our current employer, though I did my best to specialize in insolence and insubordination. Somehow we both survived.

I am rolling on the floor laughing.

“This doesn’t totally suck.” was my exact quote.

It is simply an outstanding aircraft.

I obviously know you far too well for comfort.