Cirrus mobile marketing unit (?) on west coast

One of my spies told me the following:

Cirrus has created a mobile marketing unit (read: an 18 wheeler with expandable walls) that contains fully functional workstations where they can demonstrate the cockpit + avionics. Said truck showed up at the AOPA fly-in and is rumored to be in Southern California (most likely Long Beach) the weekend of June 28th through the 30th and in Palo Alto on July 4th weekend.

The Trailer that was at AOPA this past Saturday had backlit photos and video on the walls and the Caps simulator in a full size cabin. I did not see “work stations” for demonstrating avionics. The avidyne in the simulator was a backlit photo of an avidyne map screen (the colors were not very realistic).

The rig certainly beat anything else at AOPA and people were lined up to sit in the simulator cockpit.

"The Trailer that was at AOPA this past Saturday had backlit photos and video on the walls and the Caps simulator in a full size cabin. I did not see “work stations” for demonstrating avionics. "<<

Actually there was a free-standing, working Avidyne unit at the far end of the trailer (and probably a Garmin or Sandel too–I was too busy admiring the new engine monitoring program to notice much else)!

The trailer was pretty crowded when we were there and I was mainly focused on getting my wife to pull the chute. Missed the avionics demo units completely.