Cirrus Fly-In -- Final Notice

The First Southeast Cirrus Fly-in will be in North Alabama at M82 (Madison County Executive Airport) on Sunday, August 26th. It will run from 9 AM to 6 PM or so.

The local FBO, Rocket Aviation, will provide the facilities, and Jim Warren and I will provide the food and drinks. Rocket has also generously agreed to pump 100LL at the home-base price for all who fly in.

Everyone is invited, whether you can bring a Cirrus airplane or not. Position holders are especially welcome, and we’ll try to arrange for you to get a ride in the plane of your dreams.

We will have at least one SR22 (mine), and at least one SR20. I’ll be happy to give rides in my SR22 until I get tired of giving rides.

If you’re driving a Plymouth Valiant instead of flying, you can find directions to the airport on the FBO’s web page:

http://www.rocketaviation.com

Click on “About the Airport” for written directions, or “Maps & Area Sightseeing” for a map.

As far as other attractions (a bunch of Cirri is not enough?), the Space and Rocket Center is definitely worth a visit. They have an SR-71 Blackbird (even faster than an SR22!) on display and lots of other cool stuff. The FBO has agreed to provide a couple of courtesy cars for those who want to go sightseeing.

Hope to see you there. If you plan on coming, please email me, mike@sirsi.com, so I can get an estimate of the crowd size.

The First Southeast Cirrus Fly-in will be in North Alabama at M82 (Madison County Executive Airport) on Sunday, August 26th. It will run from 9 AM to 6 PM or so.

Mike,

The wife and I plan to attend Sunday AM–VFR weather permitting. How many Cirri do you expect to attend??