CD Player

I have my cd player turned up all the way and is still very low anyone know how to turn up the volume up?
Richard

Lots of history on this, if you look in the archives.

Net, some CD players do better than others, but none seem to be very loud. There is a Garmin service bulletin that can make a change and improvement (at your cost) with advice that it may bring in other unwanted noise.

By the way, I just had the Garmin mod done on my plane (I think it was around $120 in labor), and it makes an absolutely DRAMATIC difference. Now, I have to be careful not to turn the CD player up too loud…

By the way, I just had the Garmin mod done on my plane (I think it was around $120 in labor), and it makes an absolutely DRAMATIC difference. Now, I have to be careful not to turn the CD player up too loud…

Brand,

I’m curious - Garmin warns that the mod may cause an increase in unwanted (background) noise. Have you noticed any?

• Mike.

Mike,
I had the Garmin Mod done about a month ago. I now can use a casette deck or CD player with ease. The only change I noticed is an electrical noise that is clearly audible when the engine is at low power (e.g. on the ground or in the pattern). It is rhythmic and clicking. I can’t figure out where it comes from but if I push the “pilot” isolation button on the G340 the sound disappears.
I haven’t yet tried pulling individual circuit breakers to isolate the source.
Jerry