Cargo Capacity

On a demo ride earlier this summer I seem to remember Tom Bergeron telling me the designated cargo capacity for the SR20 was some incredibly low number around 100 pounds. I would appreciate some info on this from current owners. Is this true, is it accurate, how are you all currently loading your SR20’s & how is the CG of the airplane effected. 100 pounds is barely enough for my dog. Thanks! Erik

On a demo ride earlier this summer I seem to remember Tom Bergeron telling me the designated cargo capacity for the SR20 was some incredibly low number around 100 pounds. I would appreciate some info on this from current owners. Is this true, is it accurate, how are you all currently loading your SR20’s & how is the CG of the airplane effected. 100 pounds is barely enough for my dog. Thanks! Erik

The weight limit for the baggage area is 130 lbs, which is not unusual for a plane of this size. This is presumably both a structural and a CG issue.

However, by pulling a couple of pins (retained by lanyards, a nice touch) you can fold down the back seats, where the carrying capacity is higher.

CG-wise, there is a lot of leeway for loading the back, as the plane is close to the forward limit with only front-seat passengers.