best damm bird out there

122 hours and I would like to let everyone know the sr22 is the best damm bird out there! Dave and I have owned 157cd an sr20 and 224de (sr22) and have come to the point where we say there is no plane that can compare hands down. ! We have wined about the wait, we have bitched about the delays, but now that we have it I have got to tell you guys and gals its better than…free money? (the wife is reading this). The only problem we have come upon is when you are on the ramp you will have people drooling on the wings. We loved our 20 but we live on the west coast and the 22 climbs like a sick angel looking for its home! So everyone who is waiting and waiting …Hang in there baby! Its worth the wait…Ed :}

I agree 100%

Moses Grad ( SR-22 with 100 awesome hours)

Ed…

I’ve steadfastly resisted flying in the -22; perhaps I think that if I do, I won’t love my -20 as much any more. Now after almost a year (and 420 hours) in N84MR, your post has pushed me beyond my ability to resist. I’ll be in Duluth next week… I think I’ll try a -22. [:)]

• Mike.

The only problem we have come upon is when you are on the ramp you will have people drooling on the wings.

Not only will you have ramp folks drooling, but also ATC. Tuesday, on the way up to Lawrence, MA, Bradley Approach had the strange request that we contact the tower from 7,500 feet. We did, and all the controller wanted to do is talk about the Cirrus aircraft we were flying and the radar indicated speed of 190-195 knots. He just ran at the mouth in between arrivals and departures at Bradley Int’l.

Chris

I only drive a humble SR-20 (250 hours), but how’s this to put a smile on your face. I was on long final into Austin Bergstrom International last Monday and approach asked me to reduce speed as I had a 20 knot overtake on a Southwest Airlines 737.

N747SJ has ~120 hours and I agree 100%. A few weeks ago a Monterey Approach controller was complaining about not being able to find a partner to help him by his very own SR22. A Southwest airlines captain broke in to inquire about how to get one for himself. Last week at Oceano County airport, it took me 45 minutes to use the self-service fuel island because of all of the pilots drooling over the plane, the avionics, the performance, the parachute and, of course, the price!

Now if only we could get the nosewheel shimmy fixed!

George

I got my SR22 to replace a Beech Duke, a 760 HP pressurized twin that I owned for 12 years. Give my the Cirrus any day. It’s not quite as fast and may not carry as much but it’s at least 70% cheaper to operate, is easy to fly and has performance (speed and range) in the same ballpark. The only things I miss are the air conditioning (at least in the summer) and the ability to fly high without oxygen. The trade from heavy complex twin to 310 HP fixed gear single was one of the smartest moves I’ve made in 36 years of flying. Even my wife who loved the Duke agrees.
Jerry

Mike:

For the truly power hungry, please inquire about the four-engine turbojet upgrade!

Mike,
We have had our -22 for three months and about 90 hours Hobbs time. I’ll give you some advice, don’t go for the ride in the -22 in Duluth unless you have the $70,000 ready, because you are going to buy it. Ask your demo pilot to show you a short field/obstacle clearance takeoff. If that doesn’t sell you, nothing will.
Greg

Oh, Mike, also, ask CD if they are working on spacecraft yet!

I agree with all that is said. Also I had a big guy fly with me one day and with other planes I have had. His knees would have been in the way. With the side stick not even an problem geting full control movements. Just one other good item. What a pleasant surprise. Im always finding neet stuff like this. From Don N705DM SR20

I too, agree with all of the previous comments. I have about 190 hours on my '22 I picked up in May. Since then, I have not worn out a single pair of shoes: my feet never touch the ground.

Does it have squawks? Yup, you bet, but then so does my wife’s Benz.

I too have been asked to slow down for a Mooney, been told to follow a Cessna Citation on a 5 mile wide downwind due to my descent speed (they thought I was a jet and apologized), and passed a Delta B757 on short final on parallel runways and still turned off within 2,000 feet with very little braking .

All smiles here.

Marty SR22 s/n 0017, N191KM

About that shimmy - I remember an early SR22 high speed taxi test where I thought the nose gear was going to break off because it shook so badly. Bad News - we worked a long time trying to get the shimmy out. Good News - The nose gear and associated hardware were no worse for the wear. I don’t think there should be any immediate concern on hurting you or the airplane if experiencing a little shimmy on occasion.