Avidyne Entegra swap to Garmin G500

Has anyone swapped their Avidyne Entegra and Garmin 430s to the Garmin G500 with GTN650s? It is pricey to say the least but curious if it is worth it?

I know I won’t get dollar for dollar but will I get some value back when I sell?

07’ SR22T Avidyne Entegra w/dual 430W

See this thread. This thread is member specific, not a guest question. Please move it to the member side.

https://forum.cirruspilots.org/t/garmin-g500-txi-total-conversion-long/98451

I have been toying with the same idea for a few months now. The way I understand it is that you will normally recoup around 50%, so 50k of the 100k install.

My concerns are:

• the NA g5 has come down quite a bit in price. They are offered now for 500k. So they sell for 475? An upgraded G2 comes to around 400-460k. The delta between the two isn’t that big anymore. For the extra amount you get a 2013 aircraft with GFC700, higher flap speeds, more useful load, etc. So is there going to be a market for G500 upgraded G2’s? Or will it be a small niche market? Look at the amazing upgraded G2 by Nexair with G500’s, 650’s etc. It has been on the market for quite a while. It’s currently listed for 460K. It’s an amazing aircraft but no takers so far.

• What if Cirrus releases a NXI upgrade program for Perspective birds in 2 or 3 years (when Cirrus releases a G2000 based G7) Based on other upgrade programs the pricing should be somewhere between 28 - 50k. That a lot less expensive than the upgrade to G500’s. An upgraded G3 or G5 will actually then be “cheaper” than the G500 upgraded ones.

On the other hand you only live once and there will always be new technology around the corner. I absolutely love the g500 TXI + 750/650 combo. I feel it’s much more user friendly than G1000’s and it seems Garmin releases updates at least 2 per year.

Michael,
Great point about when (if) Cirrus releases an NXi upgrade program. The cost of that plus a G5 bird vs a G2 upgraded may be too small to make it worth considering the G2. That said, if you want one now…:slight_smile: