AOPA - Cup Half Empty

Great news about the Avidine availability. However, I find myself concerned about some other issues…

1. What will happen to owners who stay with Arnav? Will Arnav loose their motivation to keep the display current with new technology? I’d expect that as they invested in updates, they were expecting to amortize the cost over current and future units.

2. Engine monitor. Holy cow - just paid for engine monitor, and I’d think that most of the cost won’t be transferable to new Avidine unit. Ouch!

3. GW increase for original SR20 owners. This is an absolutely critical issue for those of us in this group. Seems like priority Z with CD. Hope all Cirrus owners help their brethren to keep the pressure on.

Have to confess, feel that as one of the earliest believers, plunking down $15,000 3+ years ago and before certification, that my peer group’s needs are drifting to the periphery.

Help!!

Andy

But it sure feels good we saved $75k…Ed

Have to confess, feel that as one of the earliest believers, plunking down $15,000 3+ years ago and before certification, that my peer group’s needs are drifting to the periphery.

Now you know why people who commit to new technology are called “early Christians”. There lot was not a happy one either.

Ed,

Point well taken. Add to that what would have happened to our money if we left it in the stock market versus putting it into flying stock.

All said, however, representations were made (referring to GW increase, at least to me) that have not been met and it has had a material impact on functionality of early SR20’s.

Andy,
I agree with you that represenatations were made…and I am wondering if Cirrus EVER built one at 1950… If not then it is MIS-representations and some professions will have fun with that!
Don