anyone for a road trip?

My plans to fly down to SBA and Avalon this weekend got cancelled due to the weather out east (flying friend is stuck in MSP), and I’m itching to find an excuse to bug out of town for the weekend.

Anyone know of any events or some other lame excuse I can use to take off flying for the weekend around CA? Yes, I need an excuse. :slight_smile:

Paul,

You might try Santa Paula. The first Sunday of each month they open up the hangars. Lots of good stuff if you like airplanes. :slight_smile:

My plans to fly down to SBA and Avalon this weekend got cancelled due to the weather out east (flying friend is stuck in MSP), and I’m itching to find an excuse to bug out of town for the weekend.

Anyone know of any events or some other lame excuse I can use to take off flying for the weekend around CA? Yes, I need an excuse. :slight_smile:

Try Mendocino (O48). You can rent a car from the FBO or get a cab into town from the airport. It’s a gorgeous place: beautiful town and harbor and the headlands are fantastic and just a 15 minute walk away. Your wife will love it too.

We’d be going there ourselves but our plane is down with an ailing encoder sigh

I just returned from the Mugu airshow, which will run all weekend. It’d be a short drive from the Camarillo or Oxnard airports.

glenn

Lame excuse Paul, that’s not how I thought you are after mmeting you in San Luis Obispo.

BUT, here is your excuse, this weeken there is a good airshow in Point Mugu Naval Airstation. I was there yesterday. The Thunderbirds canceled their flight, because of fog, but shoud be performing today and tomorrow.

Take care!