Bay Area get-together Sep 30 or Oct 1st

I’m going to be in the South Bay Area for a trade show the last week of September, and I’d like to meet up with some of the people I know only by name and the occasional photo.

So, what about a fly-in somewhere in the Bay area on Saturday 30th September or alternatively Sunday 1st October - Hayward sounds good to me since I want to pay a visit to Leahy Aviation anyway, but someone with more local knowledge than me might have a better suggestion (Walt?)

I’m not sure how many SR20’s are in the Bay area now, but there must be a couple or three plus more in southern CA.

Clyde —

Count me in.

Your grateful Bay Area compadres will probably throw roses at your feet.

RK

I’m going to be in the South Bay Area for a trade show the last week of September, and I’d like to meet up with some of the people I know only by name and the occasional photo.

So, what about a fly-in somewhere in the Bay area on Saturday 30th September or alternatively Sunday 1st October - Hayward sounds good to me since I want to pay a visit to Leahy Aviation anyway, but someone with more local knowledge than me might have a better suggestion (Walt?)

I’m not sure how many SR20’s are in the Bay area now, but there must be a couple or three plus more in southern CA.

Count me in… by car. (“I felt sorry for the man who had no SR20, until I met the man who had not yet been checked out for C172 rentals at the FBOs in his new home town…”)

Count me and probably Dave in we will bring #61.

Hayward,How about a airport with a restaurant,we can pick clyde up and bring him along…Ed

Me too. Hayward is fine, although I don’t know the restaurants. If we want to drive 20 miles, Berkeley offers some of the best! Oakland is even closer.

Clyde et al,

I would love to participate with N893MK, #38. I also favor a restuarant location and someplace further south to allow our So. Californian brethern an easier possibility to join us. Since I missed it how did you all like SBP? We could have a recored number of Cirri in one spot, 2 from So Ca plus Walt, me, Ed, and possibly Dave K.

That could be 5 - 6 and I think there are one or two others (Rich M?) that may not have seen Clyde’s post yet. Cirrus Design should send a photographer!!

Scott K.

I second the motion for SLB (san Luis).SLB has an open air restaurant that looks down onto the tarmack directly below .It is very centrally located and genrally easiere to get to than some of the bay area APs and besides we already know Walt knows the way there.It is the original site of the SR West coast fly.Wherever you decide ill be there.
DAN

Clyde —

Count me in.

Your grateful Bay Area compadres will probably throw roses at your feet.

RK

I’m still waiting for my SR20 but I’d like to attend and meet more members of the club.

George

I hope to be in Duluth around that time picking up #72, but if I’m back in time (or still lamenting not having it yet) I’ll plan to attend.

Hayward,How about a airport with a restaurant,

A restaurant sounds good - you choose. I’ll have a car, so I can get around easily enough.

Hayward,How about a airport with a restaurant,

A restaurant sounds good - you choose. I’ll have a car, so I can get around easily enough.

Count me in too, with a 260se/stol. I think we need to take care of Clyde–no sense in his having a smashup driving on the “wrong” side of the road! :slight_smile: One of us can pick him up. A ride is available for JF too.

Bay area airports with decent restaurants on the field or within walking distance: PAO, HAF (could be foggy), APC, LVK, CCR.

Somewhat farther: Petaluma (O69), STS, WVI, MRY (home of Walt), Lakeport/Clear Lake (1O2).

1-1.5 hr away: SBP, a very nice place and scene of the May 20 fly-in. 2 hr: Santa Barbara. These are closer to the SMO trio of Cirri.

Ed, Dave, Walt, & I will make an “executive decision” on time and place in the next couple of days so express any preferences ASAP by e-mail.

Goodonya Clyde! Welcome to the US and CA.

Kevin

driving on the “wrong” side of the road!

I’ve been driving in the US on and off for 15 years now, I’ve gotten quite good at it. Left turns from one-way into two-way streets are the biggest trap. But I’m more than happy to be collected in an SR20 (sigh, even a 182 on steroids would do). San Jose is where I’ll be staying - I believe they let little planes into SJC still :slight_smile:

Good to see you are having fun with your plane. congrats on your license!! I will have to stop by sometime to see your bird and have you take me for a tour rather than the other way around Mr. Private Pilot. If you guys haven’t inked in your restaurant choice yet you should try Santa Barbara right on the beach with a deck on the ramp…just a thought!
CB

Clyde et al,

I would love to participate with N893MK, #38. I also favor a restuarant location and someplace further south to allow our So. Californian brethern an easier possibility to join us. Since I missed it how did you all like SBP? We could have a recored number of Cirri in one spot, 2 from So Ca plus Walt, me, Ed, and possibly Dave K.

That could be 5 - 6 and I think there are one or two others (Rich M?) that may not have seen Clyde’s post yet. Cirrus Design should send a photographer!!

Scott K.

You mean SPB (San Luis Obispo), right? That’s about a 230 mile drive from the Bay Area for those unfortunates still waiting for their SR20s. But if we can hitch a ride, the farther away the better!

I second the motion for SLB (san Luis).SLB has an open air restaurant that looks down onto the tarmack directly below .It is very centrally located and genrally easiere to get to than some of the bay area APs and besides we already know Walt knows the way there.It is the original site of the SR West coast fly.Wherever you decide ill be there.
DAN

You mean SPB (San Luis Obispo), right? That’s about a 230 mile drive from the Bay Area for those unfortunates still waiting for their SR20s. But if we can hitch a ride, the farther away the better!

GARY

Looks like we are both wrong!! SAN LUIS OBISPO is actually SBP.I guess I was assuming most people on waiting list already had some kind of wings.Ill go were ever they decide to have it in my trusty but slow Piper Warrior.Someone suggested Santa Barbra ,that sounds good also

DAN YATES

PS I have never seen a picture of an SR with CLOTH interior. Can anyone help befor I have to declare my options??

DAN