Anonymous Users

There appear to be many Anonymous authors of post on the boards. Are these users identified this way because they do not enter an identity when the enter the COPA site? Or do they intentionally use the Anonymous identifier?

While I am often tempted to just ignore their posts I do not want to do so if this idenity assigned by the system.

Bob

You can’t enter a name anymore, nor an email, so unless you’re willing to register, you end up being anonymous …

Chris

I hope you realize that both Cirrus and Wings Aloft read this board and for obvious reasons, the people that work for them or with them cannot post there real names because they have been asked to refrain from “officially” commenting. Just an FYI from someone in that position.

> You can’t enter a name anymore, nor an email, so unless you’re willing to register, you end up being anonymous …

The system assigns non-registered members a default name of Anonymous, but it does allow them to change it (just not to a name that’s already registered). Registering is free, and has the benefit of having the system remember user-specific settings.

So… if someone posts anonymously, they pretty much WANT to appear that way.

• Mike.

> The system assigns non-registered members a default name of Anonymous, but it does allow them to change it…
I had meant to add “to change it as I have done here”; but anyway, these two posts are both mine - the first from an unregistered (but still not anonymous) me, and this one.

• Mike.