And the place is...?

Yesterday, I took N84MR flying for flying’s sake. A friend and I went here:

Had a great time, although it was unbelievably hot. If you recognize this possible-future-fly-in venue, post a cryptic clue.

• Mike.

Had a great time, although it was unbelievably hot. If you recognize this possible-future-fly-in venue, post a cryptic clue.

• Mike.

Mike,

Why the devil did you go there on such a hot day? The sun beating down through the windows can be a killer on the upholstery.

Cheers,

Roger

No, I wouldn’t be interested in a fly-in until, say, 30 months from now. Make an anniversary of it.

I hear that Walt Conley will be giving 12-second demo rides to prospective buyers.

It would be a great place for a fly-in but first you would need to pack a kit of food etc because there’s no amenities there. Then the flight needs to be vigilant for for those develish hawks lest you kill one of them on approach.

Cheers
Rob (#731)

If you recognize this possible-future-fly-in venue, etc - Mike<

Mike, if I guess correctly, do I win the Lightspeeds? (If the folks on the list only knew who they were dealing with!)

:~) Mick SR22/N702CD

If I’m thinking of the Wright Place then I live just up the road

Wasn’t there some kind of homicidal satanic mound associated with this place??

• Mike.

Really neat idea for a flyin, but of course there is as far as I know no overnight parking there, no fuel, and the devilish crosswinds are a real killer as you come over the hill…

Brand

no fuel

True, but fuel is no problem if you dare to count the nearby airports.

• Mike.

no fuel

True, but fuel is no problem if you dare to count the nearby airports.

• Mike.

You’re killing me. I couldn’t read/see your clue(s), but it seems to be devilishly hot, hilly, windy and a great place to fly.

Hmmmmmm…

…and there is this neat little area that has markers for distance. And that thing in the background has a cool light at night.

Watch out for the lighthouse up north near Carrituck if you are flying low along the coast. I’ll see you there for the anniversary.

Chris Nowak

It would be a great place for a fly-in but first you would need to pack a kit of food etc because there’s no amenities there. Then the flight needs to be vigilant for for those develish hawks lest you kill one of them on approach.>>Cheers>Rob (#731)

Along the same lines, I understand that there is also a problem relating to the possbility of stray cats on the runway.

Mike, if I guess correctly, do I win the Lightspeeds? (If the folks on the list only knew who they were dealing with!)

:~) Mick SR22/N702CD

Mick,

Ouch - you really know how to hurt a guy… Hey, I was 80% right! (Hope they’re still working well for you).

• Mike.