Aircraft rentals in the Twin Cities?

I’ll be in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area on business in mid-July. While there, I hope to squeeze in a side trip to Duluth to visit our favorite airplane factory.

Instead of driving or taking Mesaba, it would be fun to rent an airplane at one of the airports around MSP (Flying Cloud, South St. Paul, Crystal, etc.) for a day trip to Duluth. The trip might involve taking a CFI along, so that I could combine the trip with a checkout.

Would any of you be able to recommend an FBO from whom to rent an aircraft? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Roger

I rent brand new Cessna 172S’s from ASI/Modern Aero at Flying Cloud (FCM) 952.941.2595. They also have new Mooney’s and Diamonds available for rent. All of their rentals are '99 or newer. I did alot of searching around the Twin Cities when I got back into flying a couple of years ago, and they were the only ones flying new quipment. I would not hesitate recommending them, of course if they had an SR-2X for rent they would be even better.

Regards,

Dan

ps

I just passed my instrument checkride there two weeks ago!!!
I just love telling people that!

I’ll be in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area on business in mid-July. While there, I hope to squeeze in a side trip to Duluth to visit our favorite airplane factory.

Instead of driving or taking Mesaba, it would be fun to rent an airplane at one of the airports around MSP (Flying Cloud, South St. Paul, Crystal, etc.) for a day trip to Duluth. The trip might involve taking a CFI along, so that I could combine the trip with a checkout.

Would any of you be able to recommend an FBO from whom to rent an aircraft? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Roger