AC???

Based on what I’ve read here am I right to assume there will be AC offered for the 22? After these last five days in So. Cal, I’d sure love to have that option.

What do typical AC units weigh, anyway?

As for the rest of the SR-22 specs… Once again, it sounds like a winner for Cirrus, especially if they can get the CG to be a little more forgiving. Dollar for dollar it’s like a new 182 with much better performance, though personally I think with two 430’s and a Sandel EHSI and the arnav you might find, dare I say it, situational awareness overload!

DG

I have the same question about . . . and a deep desire for . . . COLD AIR!!! I’d prefer a hot plane, not a hot interior. Something about walking from plane to FBO with dark sweat circles on backside of a pair of khaki pants diminishes the glory of flying.

As for comparison, the SR22 sounds a lot like a Bonanza F33A, a hot rod 300hp four-placer no longer made. Beech stopped its production in 1993 and the A36 and B36 became the only Bonanzas.

RK

.>Based on what I’ve read here am I right to assume there will be AC offered for the 22? After these last five days in So. Cal, I’d sure love to have that option.

As for the rest of the SR-22 specs… Once again, it sounds like a winner for Cirrus, especially if they can get the CG to be a little more forgiving. Dollar for dollar it’s like a new 182 with much better performance, though personally I think with two 430’s and a Sandel EHSI and the arnav you might find, dare I say it, situational awareness overload!

DG

The factory AC unit that was removed by a prior owner from our 1979 Piper Archer II weighed 63.6 pounds, according to the official weight and balance change sheet. The removal changed our useful load from 907.4 to 971.0! (Payload with full fuel went from 619 to 683 --big dif)