About to pull trigger on 2004 SR22! Need advice!!

As Shayne recommends, you should see this bird first hand. For that matter, if you haven’t, you should look at several before you zero in on a particular bird.

I own a 2006 G2 GTS, s/n 2111, with dual WAAS and agree with a previous post that the $249,000 price is a bit heavy for a 2004. Remember that is an asking price.

I see from the ad reference the plane is located in Pontiac. I’d be curious which service center has done most the maintenance / inspection work. I use Waterford Aviation and have been satisfied with their work. I recall they indicated they service around 60 Cirri annually.

I just looked up the N # with the FAA which shows the plane is owned by a Daniel Craig of Pickney, Michigan (which is around 20 miles west of KPTK).

If the plane is based at KPTK, I’d be happy to take a look at it for you. If the maintenance has been done by Waterford Aviation, I could speak to Jeff Bowers, their Director of Maintenance to potentially get some informal comments. There are two other CSC’s within 30nm of KPTK, but I don’t have a personal relationship with the DM’s at those facilities.

Email me if I can be of some assistance. Mike

Robert Eicholz:
The Aeroplan requires you to assume liability for any future accidents caused by your Avidyne equipment

No, the indemnity applies only to accidents deemed by the NTSB to be pilot error. There is no attempt by Avidyne to evade responsibility for their own products, they just don’t want to be sued because someone got hurt and their products happened to be in the plane.

via COPAme
Asus Nexus 7

This is why I just renewed my COPA membership. I don’t own an SR22 yet, but hope to in the future. Always great invaluable info!

-Brian

Buy it and join COPA. You only live once. No regrets.