2022 SR 22T: Is it really 9 knots faster in the cruise?

Hi, I wanted to know if the POH on the 2022 SR22 shows a 9 knot faster cruising speed as disclosed by Cirrus when they announced the improvements for the 2022 Cirrus?

1 Like

Members usually avoid the guest forum. If you join COPA you can access a thread with 104 posts on this very question HERE

6 Likes

Welcome Michael! Come on in, the water is fine! 20 years+ worth of posts including a bunch on this very topic!

3 Likes

Short answer is “it is faster”. By how much varies by who you ask, and what altitude they are on and whether you are asking about IAS or TAS.

This question has 103 responses in the forum BTW.

1 Like

You asked a specific question which I interpreted as whether the POH performance tables have been updated since the 2022 models were introduced.

The most recent publicly-available SR22 POH was published in Nov 2021 and therefore pre-dates the 2022 drag reduction/performance improvements. I do not know whether 2022 or 2023 aircraft have been delivered with updated performance tables.

Hi Michael and welcome to COPA!

I don’t have my POH is front of me but the Cirrus Website still shows the pre 2022 update numbers. I think my POH still shows these numbers too.