wood landing gear

This post is for Mr Anonymous. I am the maintenance director at Airways Inc in Lancaster Pa. I have been reading some of your idiotic posts. (1) There is no part of the landing gear that is wood. I can guarantee you that. (2) I know who you are. (3) Until you go out and purchase a Cirrus, get off the COPA site. (4) Cirrus has built a very good aircraft for the money, YOU of all people should know that these are great planes. Maybe I should post your name!!! DH

(2) I know who you are… YOU of all people should know that these are great planes. Maybe I should post your name!!!

Now THIS may be the answer to the anonymous-post problem!

Just had the new “port drains” or whatever installed at Mr. Mazzante’s shop at KLNS. I have only one startup to judge the new system by, but that start got my attention. One 12-second prime, one turn of the key, and (temp in mid-40s) it started right up. Hope this is an omen!

I have had some real chuckles from the anonymous posts about “wood landing gear.”

All I can say is, given the sterling landing qualities I have experienced flying both the SR20 and its landing gear design relative Grumman Tiger (as well as their good MX histories so far), if the gear is really wood, make mine a fine maple finish with a satin texture and deep grain, and I’ll order some spare sets to test for an STC on the Cherokee and 172!

Jim, not wanting to further jinx you, but I had the modification done just after I purchased the plane in April, and that’s the way it’s been for 180 hours.

I think you’re there - ho ho ho!

Andy