What a difference

A possible for those of you with a hard to work throttle lever:

I have had a sticky (requiring high force over the detents) throttle (which also controls the prop governor setting) since day 1. I complained to my Wings Aloft instructor but she said to me, “get used to it, they are all that way”.

The problem got worse with time and seemed to progress as the engine warmed up. Rick Hackberg at Cirrus thought it sounded like the prop cable was defective. We changed it out (12 hours labor) and believe me I never knew what flying this airplane is all about. The throttle is so smooth with no two hand jumps over the detents required. I told a fellow Cirrus pilot I compare it to removing a rock in your shoe. Boy does that feel good. I never though a simple thing like a smooth throttle would make such a difference. It flew great before but now I can fine tune my approach speeds to the airport traffic area without power lifting my throttle.

I will be praying it stays that way.

Thanks Rick. Good diagnosis.

I am very glad for you that the problem is fixed. What a nill that instructor is, though!

Chris

A possible for those of you with a hard to work throttle lever:

I have had a sticky (requiring high force over the detents) throttle (which also controls the prop governor setting) since day 1. I complained to my Wings Aloft instructor but she said to me, “get used to it, they are all that way”.

The problem got worse with time and seemed to progress as the engine warmed up. Rick Hackberg at Cirrus thought it sounded like the prop cable was defective. We changed it out (12 hours labor) and believe me I never knew what flying this airplane is all about. The throttle is so smooth with no two hand jumps over the detents required. I told a fellow Cirrus pilot I compare it to removing a rock in your shoe. Boy does that feel good. I never though a simple thing like a smooth throttle would make such a difference. It flew great before but now I can fine tune my approach speeds to the airport traffic area without power lifting my throttle.

I will be praying it stays that way.

Thanks Rick. Good diagnosis.