Usefull Load

I tried to find it in the posted articles, but I am still confused. Will my “old” SR20 get the increase in useful load? What will I have to do to the aircraft and does Cirrus pay for it?

If anyone knows the answer, I would much appreciate the update. So far I’ve loaded my bird with as much as 4,000 lbs with no adverse effects, although the take-off roll does require that I depart only from LAX (just kidding…:-).

Pez

I tried to find it in the posted articles, but I am still confused. Will my “old” SR20 get the increase in useful load? What will I have to do to the aircraft and does Cirrus pay for it?

If anyone knows the answer, I would much appreciate the update. So far I’ve loaded my bird with as much as 4,000 lbs with no adverse effects, although the take-off roll does require that I depart only from LAX (just kidding…:-).

Pez

Pez;

I was wondering if you know of any high time pilots who might want to partner up with my

SR20 being hatched from the plant in 3 weeks?

I’m thinking of basing at Van Nuys or Santa Monica

Lets chat

Rich Meyer

Will my “old” SR20 get the increase in useful load?

Yes, it will.

What will I have to do to the aircraft and does Cirrus pay for it?

Most of the increase will come from an update to the POH with new performance data. To get the full 200lbs will probably require replacing some of the foam in the seat (to maintain the 26G rating). Whether anything else will be required is not yet clear, but count on at least 150lbs with no changes except to the POH.

As to who pays, if it is just a POH update, then there should be no cost to you. IF you need any new hardware, you will probably pay, but Cirrus have not yet committed themselves on this.

Does anybody know when this is suppose to happen?

I’m a partner in plane number 80 and I would like to pass this info onto my other partners.

Thanks.

Will my “old” SR20 get the increase in useful load?

Yes, it will.

What will I have to do to the aircraft and does Cirrus pay for it?

Most of the increase will come from an update to the POH with new performance data. To get the full 200lbs will probably require replacing some of the foam in the seat (to maintain the 26G rating). Whether anything else will be required is not yet clear, but count on at least 150lbs with no changes except to the POH.

As to who pays, if it is just a POH update, then there should be no cost to you. IF you need any new hardware, you will probably pay, but Cirrus have not yet committed themselves on this.

“To get the full 200lbs will probably require replacing some of the foam in the seat (to maintain the 26G rating).”

Actually the foam would have nothing to do with the 26G rating, which is for Test 2 required by the FAR’s and basically deals with seat structure, belt loads and HIC. Test 1 is what would be affected by the seat foam and is for a 19G impact at 60 degrees to the horizontal, the key factor here is the load imposed on the lower lumber which must be less than 1500 lbs. When the stall speed of the aircraft is over 61 kts these G loads must be increased by the square of the ratio so it sounds like the new stall speed will be over 61 kts.

Interesting to note that when Cessna recertified the 172 and other small airplanes they did not meet the requirements of Test 1 which is really the tough one! But they still brag that they have a “26G” seat and most people don’t know any better. Cirrus once again has a more up to date and safer design that meets all the seat reg’s!!

Does anybody know when this is suppose to happen?

There are no guarantees, but I am told the best guess is September, and certainly by the end of the year.