Traval on airlines

Has anyone traveled comercialy with your headset and flight manual log book and so on.I am going to duluth on twesday nite to get my new sr20 and wondering what I should ecpect at secrety.from Don 215 soon to be 705DM

Has anyone traveled comercialy with your headset and flight manual log book and so on.I am going to duluth on twesday nite to get my new sr20 and wondering what I should ecpect at secrety.from Don 215 soon to be 705DM

I flew to Duluth the second day that air travel was resumed. I checked my flight bag (clearly identified as such with a Jepp logo) that had my headsets, charts, etc. but carried my training manual from Wings Aloft for review on the flight. Only had one passenger notice and ask questions about GA and flight training. Did not have a hand inspection of carry on…but, frankly, I doubt that anyone would question a headset, charts, etc. Lot’s of charter/commerical ga guys have to return from deadhead flights everyday.

I carried my flight bag on Saturday September 15, with charts, headsets, and a transceiver. No problem with security – they just looked at the xray and passed it through.

I flew to Duluth the second day that air travel was resumed. I checked my flight bag (clearly identified as such with a Jepp logo) that had my headsets, charts, etc. but carried my training manual from Wings Aloft for review on the flight. Only had one passenger notice and ask questions about GA and flight training. Did not have a hand inspection of carry on…but, frankly, I doubt that anyone would question a headset, charts, etc. Lot’s of charter/commerical ga guys have to return from deadhead flights everyday.

I traveled to Duluth last week and the flight bag was a non-issue. The empty oxygen cylinder that I packed in a box and checked was another matter: Despite three phone calls and disclosure at check-in, I was called back to the counter via loudspeaker when the cylinder was found on Xray. The Northwest counter agent was courteous and helpful and, after unpacking the box and checking with the supervisor, the O2 made the trip.

George

Out of curiosity, which O2 setup are you using?

Gordon

I traveled to Duluth last week and the flight bag was a non-issue. The empty oxygen cylinder that I packed in a box and checked was another matter: Despite three phone calls and disclosure at check-in, I was called back to the counter via loudspeaker when the cylinder was found on Xray. The Northwest counter agent was courteous and helpful and, after unpacking the box and checking with the supervisor, the O2 made the trip.

George