Towing the SRxx

Not as glamourous as Skywatch but does anybody have a source for a tow bar adapter? This thing is a bear to push into the hangar and it really wears me out watching those kids at the FBO working that hard.

I know the topic of tow bars has been brought up before but for some reason the search function only works on the current selection of posts. Posts in the archive section don’t seem to be searchable.

While we’re talking mundane, there used to be a weight and balance application that someone created. If it works, could someone post that again.

Thanks,

Brig

Go to the main page of SR20 website and click on STUFF - Excel W&B spreadsheet is first link on the page. Hope that helps.

While we’re talking mundane, there used to be a weight and balance application that someone created. If it works, could someone post that again.

Not as glamourous as Skywatch but does anybody have a source for a tow bar adapter? This thing is a bear to push into the hangar and it really wears me out watching those kids at the FBO working that hard.

I know the topic of tow bars has been brought up before but for some reason the search function only works on the current selection of posts. Posts in the archive section don’t seem to be searchable.

Thanks,

Brig

You can search the archived posts by checking the “Archives” box under the text input.

Go to the main page of SR20 website and click on STUFF - Excel W&B spreadsheet is first link on the page. Hope that helps.

The weight and balance spreadsheet worked great online but I haven’t figured out how to down load it to my PC. I can copy the spreadsheet but then the computations won’t work - what am I doing wrong?? I’d really like to load it into my Palm Pilot.

Not to be ungrateful, but this very nice W&B spreadsheet is for the SR22. With the “little people” of Cirrus Land in mind, has anyone by chance already put together a SR20 counterpart? Thanks jf

Hmm. When you click on the link you should be given an option to save to your computer. The file must be open with Excel. It does work. Do you have that? It can’t be used on a Palm Pilot. There are numerous Pilot aviation programs with W&B sections. I’ve tried a few out.

The weight and balance spreadsheet worked great online but I haven’t figured out how to down load it to my PC. I can copy the spreadsheet but then the computations won’t work - what am I doing wrong?? I’d really like to load it into my Palm Pilot.

Hmm. When you click on the link you should be given an option to save to your computer. The file must be open with Excel. It does work. Do you have that? It can’t be used on a Palm Pilot. There are numerous Pilot aviation programs with W&B sections. I’ve tried a few out.

Bruce

Thanks for the tip - Yes, I was able to download the WB spreadsheet. I have “Minicalc” on my Palm and have been able to Sync various other SS however I have not tried to Sync one as complex as the WB I’ll let you know how it works,

Thanks again,

Bruce

Never mind! I see that the 22 sheet is easily reconfigurable. [Including the pilot’s weight entry!! :wink: ]

Jim,

I’m one of the “little people”, and I have put together an Excel spreadsheet for SR20 W&B. You’re welcome to use it (I’ll email it to you). Obvious disclaimer: Use it at your own risk. It may be worth precisely what you pay for it!

• Mike.

Not to be ungrateful, but this very nice W&B spreadsheet is for the SR22. With the “little people” of Cirrus Land in mind, has anyone by chance already put together a SR20 counterpart? Thanks jf