Stormscope delay, another Euro delivery

I’ve just heard that the WX-500 Stormscope ordered for fitment to #1033 will not be ready in time, due to “certification snafus and parts delays”. So 1033 will be delivered to Australia minus the Stormscope, but Cirrus have pledged to provide an option kit when available at the same all-up price as the original order ($9500).

So the first Stormscope-equipped customer SR20 is likely to be Gordy Lewis’ N6000C (#1037).

I also heard that #1028 (N137CD) was flown to Gronigen, Holland, via the Azores on 21st April. It is owned by Avia Noord, a flying club at Gronigen. That makes, I believe, 6 SR20’s now flown to Europe!

I also heard that #1028 (N137CD) was flown to Gronigen, Holland, via the Azores on 21st April. It is owned by Avia Noord, a flying club at Gronigen. That makes, I believe, 6 SR20’s now flown to Europe!

Make it seven! Currently at Groningen Airport are demonstrators N207CD and N132CD.

Delivered to European customers are N102CD, 124CD, 126CD, 133CD and 137CD. N137CD is also resident at Groningen Airport, being operated by flying club “Avia Noord”. Will become PH-ANC in due time.

Peter, the Netherlands

Make it seven! Currently at Groningen Airport are demonstrators N207CD and N132CD.

Delivered to European customers are N102CD, 124CD, 126CD, 133CD and 137CD. N137CD is also resident at Groningen Airport, being operated by flying club “Avia Noord”. Will become PH-ANC in due time.

According to a conversation I had with Cirrus awhile back, when the very early non-binding positions were converted to nonrefundable contracts, 100% of the positions sold in Europe at the time were converted. As a result, some large percentage (I vaguely recall 25%) of the early aircraft are going to Europe. It’s a good time to be a ferry pilot, if it’s ever a good time to be a ferry pilot…

Peter, the Netherlands