Stalls and Spins in SR 20

I have flown an SR 20 only once, and have a question for owners/pilots. We tried out a power off stall to check out the response. The plane immediately dropped the right wing and began roling to the right. I corrected and ended the stall, because it felt as if it were to continue we would be headed for a spin.

What have been your experiences in power off stalls?

Has anyone had any spin experience with the SR 20?

I have flown an SR 20 only once, and have a question for owners/pilots. We tried out a power off stall to check out the response. The plane immediately dropped the right wing and began roling to the right. I corrected and ended the stall, because it felt as if it were to continue we would be headed for a spin.

What have been your experiences in power off stalls?

Has anyone had any spin experience with the SR 20?

Bob , in a stall the wing should not drop. Inb the factory training you will be taught to use the stick not the pedals. I know it sounds wrong, but the control surfaces are still flying in a stall because of the cuff on the leading edge. Next time try the stick and see what you think…Ed

I have flown an SR 20 only once, and have a question for owners/pilots. We tried out a power off stall to check out the response. The plane immediately dropped the right wing and began roling to the right.

Bob , in a stall the wing should not drop. Inb the factory training you will be taught to use the stick not the pedals. I know it sounds wrong, but the control surfaces are still flying in a stall because of the cuff on the leading edge. Next time try the stick and see what you think…Ed

You can look to this from another perspective, too: BECAUSE the ailerons remain active, do not stall, that is, the plane will react to any left or right stick input as usual: by roll. Even if the inner part of the wing has stalled. This, however, is not a dropping wing that would lead to a spin, its just a (left or right) turn. During stall training, the stick should be placed in neutral or any other desired position (eg. for training of stalls during a turn).

Timm Preusser, CFI