SR22 pix

Several of you asked for some pictures of my SR22 color scheme, as well as shot of the panel.

Go to www.employees.org/~dkatz and you’ll find the world’s crudest (style, not content) web page with some medium-res photos of the exterior colors and some very high-res (bring lots of bandwidth) panel shots.

Apologies for the reflections on the panel shots. Those with finer Photoshop skills than I should feel free to clean them up a bit.

Several of you asked for some pictures of my SR22 color scheme, as well as shot of the panel.

Go to www.employees.org/~dkatz and you’ll find the world’s crudest (style, not content) web page with some medium-res photos of the exterior colors and some very high-res (bring lots of bandwidth) panel shots.

Apologies for the reflections on the panel shots. Those with finer Photoshop skills than I should feel free to clean them up a bit.

Thanks for the pictures. Did bring up one question. Can the Sandel be set up to show the full compass rose (like a DG)? Helps me alot with situational awareness. Don’t have to play +2,-2 so much. A full face, vertical card type compass also would work.

Thanks.

Mike

Great shots!

Thank you Dave!

The Canyon Red is really nice.

Jeff

Dave: Great pictures!

Question: It looks like the panel’s rubber trim gasket is covering the placard in your left panel shot. What happened? Did Cirrus fix this yet?

Just curious . . .

• Steven

P.S. Do you have a shot of the circuit breakers?

Thanks so much for the great Pic’s. You have shown detail I haven’t seen before. I have the same colors ordered. Now you have me really excited. 3 months to go. I’ll post some pictures of my delivery trip at that time.
John R.

Not to pick too many nits, but is the trim to the right of your flap switch in the avionics photo loose?

Joe

Dave,

In you picure (thank goodness for a fat internet pipe)the airspeed indicator shows the top of the green arc at about 176 knots. When you are in cruise, are you flying in the yellow arc?

If so, my understanding is this is a dangerous practice as a run in with “clear air turbulance” or wake turbulance might remove your wings at the roots like a 5 year old boy with a captured fruit fly.

Any concerns?

Mark

Thanks again. Really is helpful. And thanks for the answer to the previous question. After viewing them again I have another question. Is that a com antenna on top? I thought all antennas were internal in a composite airplane.

Mike

Can the Sandel be set up to show the full compass rose (like a DG)?

Yes, one touch of a button puts the display into the standard HSI mode. The waypoints can also be deleted for an uncluttered display. I find the arc view depicted in Dave’s photos ideal for non-precision approaches and the more standard view better for everything else.

George

SR22 #95

Can the Sandel be set up to show the full compass rose (like a DG)?

Yes, one touch of a button puts the display into the standard HSI mode. The waypoints can also be deleted for an uncluttered display. I find the arc view depicted in Dave’s photos ideal for non-precision approaches and the more standard view better for everything else.

For what it’s worth, I use the arc mode en route, but go to the 360 mode when I get close to the airport (or on the final approach segment.)

Dave: Great pictures!

Question: It looks like the panel’s rubber trim gasket is covering the placard in your left panel shot. What happened? Did Cirrus fix this yet?

This is an optical illusion, though it does demonstrate one minor pet peeve–the glare shield covers the tail number plate, so I have to duck my head down a bit to see it (yes, a major problem.) All instruments are in clear view.

Not to pick too many nits, but is the trim to the right of your flap switch in the avionics photo loose?

Nah, probably just a less-than-perfect fit. It looks like the strip coming down from the top is offset a bit to accommodate the avonics; the bit coming up from the bottom laps the edge more.

Much easier to find these things in larger-than-life photos, particularly when not distracted by the ability to actually go fly the darned thing!

Dave,

In you picure (thank goodness for a fat internet pipe)the airspeed indicator shows the top of the green arc at about 176 knots. When you are in cruise, are you flying in the yellow arc?

If so, my understanding is this is a dangerous practice as a run in with “clear air turbulance” or wake turbulance might remove your wings at the roots like a 5 year old boy with a captured fruit fly.

Any concerns?

The airspeed indicator shows only INDICATED airspeed. The quoted figures enroute for the SRXX are TRUE airspeed. At altitude and depending on temperature true airspeed is almost always higher than indicated airspeed. For the sake of any operating limitations, the indicated airspeed are the numbers to go by. At 8000 with a true airspeed of greater than 180KTS, the indicated airspeed will still be in the green arc.

Brian

Mark

OOPS!

Okay… I stepped in that one a bit and should have paid closer attention to the True Airspeed “calculator” built into the indicator.

Back to Gleims red book…

Thanks,

Mark

PS - I think I displayed my initial “ignance” with the spelling of “picure” and placement of a “you” instead of a “your” in front of the same. Blame it on my southern upbringin’ and over-consumption of grits.

Dave,

Any concerns?

The airspeed indicator shows only INDICATED airspeed. The quoted figures enroute for the SRXX are TRUE airspeed. At altitude and depending on temperature true airspeed is almost always higher than indicated airspeed. For the sake of any operating limitations, the indicated airspeed are the numbers to go by. At 8000 with a true airspeed of greater than 180KTS, the indicated airspeed will still be in the green arc.

Brian

Mark

Is that a com antenna on top? I thought all antennas were internal in a composite airplane.

Negative - the composite has wire mesh embedded in it for lightning and static protection. The COM1 antenna is on top, the COM2 is underneath, and the VOR antenna sticks out of either side of the vertical tail.

The GPS #1 antenna IS internal - it’s on top of the cabin. I guess they left a hole in the mesh for it. The GPS #2 antenna is inside the cabin, underneath the glareshield. It gets its view of the sky through the windshield. The transponder antenna sticks out of the bottom of the fuselage, just behind the firewall.

Finally, the Stormscope antenna when fitted is mounted externally, behind the cabin.