SR22 Partnership TampaBay

I’d love to put together a 3 or 4 person partnership in a new Cirrus SR22 in the TampaBay, FL area. Anyone want to entertain the idea?

just e 2 cents, but I tried this in the Denver area, and although i had plenty of interest, there were no eligible pilots that ever got really interested… good luck

Insurance usually requires 350 in hrs.and IFR rating, if I remeber correctly and then the guy has to have the bucks also

fred

I’d be interested…

Jim

Alan why not try AirShares Elite? They just opened a new site in Tampa.

Personal opinion, but if I couldn’t afford the 400k plane and had to get 1-2 partners, I would buy an older 130-200k plane so I didn’t have partners. I like being able to go when I want, leave my crap in the plane, and I want to always know how it is being flown. Of course it’s impossible for me to have a partner since I fly about 400 hrs a year!

In reply to:

just e 2 cents, but I tried this in the Denver area, and although i had plenty of interest, there were no eligible pilots that ever got really interested… good luck
Insurance usually requires 350 in hrs.and IFR rating, if I remeber correctly and then the guy has to have the bucks also
fred

Disagree – sure the insurance might be more for a guy without an IFR or less than 250 hours but it can and has been done recently. You can get insurance in a partnership with at least 200 hours and no IFR rating. Just ask JT Helms from Nation Air.

well I agree, but if you can “detach” yourself fro the plane the partnership can be fine, but I ended up buying it myself , and i a very happy with the decision, but unless you have a “buddy” to buy in with , its great to go alone