SR22 in FLYING

The latest FLYING arrived today with an almost glowing article on the SR22 by Richard Collins. (Rich Karlgaard says “Collins usually hates anything designed after 1965 and not riveted together in Wichita”).

Collins hated the Extra 400 and frequently has groused about “paper airplanes” . . . I suppose anybody who saw GA fall from 18,000 new planes a year to under one thousand has a right to be grumpy. But, lo and behold, Collins likes the SR22 and Lancair Columbia 300! A light still shines in this great old aviation writer!

The latest FLYING arrived today with an almost glowing article on the SR22 by Richard Collins. (Rich Karlgaard says “Collins usually hates anything designed after 1965 and not riveted together in Wichita”).

I must be dreaming! Dick Collins said somthing nice about the Cirrus?! Even though it has a parachute. I can think of three possibilities:

1. Gary Black drugged him. (good work Gary)

2. Dick has gone senile!

3. The SR22 is even better than I imagined ansd I have about 70 hours in mine!

I’ll stick with #3.

It was a very positive article.

Marty

Did you see the cockpit panel photo ?

The dashboard was so warped that it covered Alt preselect and the top of the Arnav display. It looks bad and I was embarrassed for Cirrus.