SR22 g1/2 Maintainance Costs

You won’t be able to pull out the Avidyne and replace with a G3X. The only current Garmin option is going with a Txi solution which runs closer to $85K depending on options. Very nice system, though.

Why is that? I thought the g3x was certified for the sr22 back in July?

The Cirrus SR2X is NOT on the Approved Model List (AML) for the Garmin G3x at this time, here is a link to the current revision of the STC: SA01899WI

And the AML:

https://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgstc.nsf/0/96936b2d761a6db88625851800584fdc/$FILE/SA01899WI_AML.pdf

There are several informative topics related to the G3x over on the member forums.

When Will Cirrus Allow Garmin G3x Upgrade

Garmin G3x Field Approval Panel Upgrade

Yep, my bad, I was confusing the g500 AML for the g3x.

Be prepared to spend $20k - $30k on an annual. I have seen multiple annuals over the years–both in my SR20 and the SR22–that were unexpectedly in this price range. And this is excluding the chute repack.

To clarify, the actual “annual inspection” cost is much lower but just ends up being one line item among many on the final invoice.

I have SR22/G1 SN0122. Since 2001my annuals typically run $4-6K per year, but about every 5 years I have a $15K+ annual…it is almost like clockwork!

What happened in the 20-30k annuals? I’m shocked.

Thank god my most expensive of 4 annuals has been 9k.

Not my experience.

I have my SR22-G2 since 2013 and only the first annual where we fixed many of the things I didn’t like and installed some upgrades and (non-mandatory) SBs was $11K.
I have had complete annuals as low as $3K and most others were around 5K.

My total cost for 100 hours of flying, which includes everything except landing fees (insurance, hangar, data subscriptions, fuel, oil, maintenance) is between 25-30K per year.

4 Likes