SR20 vs. SR22 Market

I have to make a decision shortly whether to upgrade from the SR20 to the SR22, for late May delivery. I tentatively plan to take delivery, but might end up selling my position.

Any thoughts on position resale of one versus the other?

Also, thoughts regarding all electric versus electric / vacuum? Is there a possibility of something causing both electric systems on the SR22 to fail?

Also, thoughts regarding all electric versus electric / vacuum? Is there a possibility of something causing both electric systems on the SR22 to fail?

There is always a possibility of something causing everything to fail, but Cirrus Design will have had to satisfy the FAA that the system has complete redundancy. There are two alternators and two batteries (4 sources of energy in all). I presume the electrical system is arranged so that failure of any single component (e.g. circuit breaker) will not cause all power to be lost. So the chances of a complete electrical failure are slim. Certainly lower than the chance of a dual vacuum pump failure. Personally I would much rather the all electric system.

As a reporter for The Duluth News Tribune, a daily newspaper, I’m working on a story about Cirrus Design and its introduction of the SR22.

I would like to talk to a few people who are waiting on Cirrus to deliver aircraft. Would you please call me at 1-800-456-8282, extension 526? I’d be interested to hear your thoughts about the new plane and Cirrus’ production delays.

Thanks.
Peter Passi

P.S. Feel free to forward my name and number to any other position holders who might be willing to share their comments with me.

I have to make a decision shortly whether to upgrade from the SR20 to the SR22, for late May delivery. I tentatively plan to take delivery, but might end up selling my position.

Any thoughts on position resale of one versus the other?